Lacto
Fast food
Beer/Wine
German
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small sausage garden but with option for 2 types of Field Roast vegan sausages (cooked in foil upon request). German food in this German-themed town. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Venue map for Munchen Haus
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by pneuma

BrittanyHill

Points +93

10 Feb 2024

Love it!

Really fun beer garden atmosphere with great food. The kraut was delicious with the dill mustard and vegan brat. I also got a side of chili, which was filling and tasty!

Pros: Ambiance, Good food , Good beer!

LissandraFreljord

Points +40

15 Jan 2024

Mustard galore

So many delicious mustards to choose from!

EvanGD

Points +109

15 Oct 2023

Fun Place, Vegan Options

Two sausages and the pretzel can be vegan. Lots of beer choices.

purpdrank

Points +186

09 Oct 2023

Toppings and sauces 10/10

I love the toppings and variety of vegan sauces. I almost didn't go because the field roast sausage isn't anything special but omg the toppings. So. Good. I am coming back here every time I visit.

Cons: Put caramelized onions on menu by vegan dog please, Label sauces vegan please

DRAG0NFLIES

Points +87

17 Sep 2023

Satisfying

The beyond brats were good, especially with the caramelized onions. The bread was huge and fresh and squishy. The vegan chili was meh. Everything was pretty expensive - to be expected in a tourist town.

Pros: Good food, Good vibe, Good beer

Cons: Expensive

LPoischbeg

Points +245

30 Jul 2023

Great food and nice environment!

I ordered a vegan German pretzel and Beyond Sausage. Both very good!

Pros: Nice vegan options, Easy to read menu, Friendly staff

VeganTigrik

Points +32

17 Jun 2023

Good vegan options!

Love this place, a lot of vegan options, good prices.

Pros: Food vegan options, Good prices

akidcalledmeg

Points +49

Vegetarian
20 Aug 2022

Get the caramelized onions on the field roast sausage!😄

I got the field roast sausage and the baked pretzel (and beer of course!) The sausage was pretty good, I paid a little extra for the sautéed onions on top, which was a good choice. I don’t usually eat a lot of meat alternatives, but this sausage was pretty good, (I believe it’s apple and sage) and then with the onions and the mustard on top, made it better!

iloveveganicecream

Points +786

Herbivore
12 Aug 2022

Good vegan options

We enjoyed the vegan chili and the vegan sausage with a variety of toppings. Most are vegan except if they have honey in them (like the BBQ sauce and honey mustard).

fnf

Points +58

07 Aug 2022

Great Food

Great sauerkraut and veggie wurst.

happypants

Points +264

17 Jul 2022

Great spot for a beer+sausage moment!

I had the field roast and an Amber beer, and shared a pretzel. Indicate vegan for the sausage and pretzel. Everything was delicious and we found a table in the shade upstairs under some lovely misters. The warmed-up sauerkraut was super yummy and they have a huge selection of mustards.

pixiedust131

Points +17

Mostly Veg
15 Jul 2022

So good we had to keep coming back!

We were only in town for a few days, but after eating here for lunch, we had to return the next day for lunch here again and even stopped by once more before heading out of town to get some food to take home with us! The veggiewurst in particular was absolutely delicious!

Pros: Friendly, vegan-knowledgeable staff, Delicious food, Fun ambience

staylor

Points +815

07 Jul 2022

Delicious!

They have vegan chili, a field roast sausage, a beyond meat sausage, and vegan chili. Also can ask for pretzel with no butter or cheese. Super filling and delicious.

VeganBirdNerd

Points +649

29 May 2022

The best veg brats!

Been coming here for a very long time, well before I went vegan in 2014. Always a good meal! Surprised to see they added the Beyond Brat to their menu as they’ve been serving Field Roast for years. They also had a tasty vegan chili which we tried yesterday. So now they have 2 different veg brats and veg chili. Fantastic! Will continue to stop here if they keep serving these great options.

Updated from previous review on 2022-05-29

Pros: Beer selection , ACV sauerkraut , Heated outdoor dining

Cons: Limited seating

Jayant2010

Points +57

27 May 2022

2 Vegan Options!

They serve a field roast sausage and a beyond sausage, at least a dozen different mustards to try, kraut, onions, relish and jalapeños! Delicious and loved I was able to experience Leavenworth with my meat eating family. 😋

Pros: Able to bring my dog into the outdoor restaurant, Nice atmosphere , Friendly staff

GabrielleZimmermann

Points +114

22 Apr 2022

🤤

My favorite place to stop in Leavenworth! The atmosphere is nice and the food is delicious. I got a pretzel and a hotdog.

Charliefoxtrot12345

Points +104

06 Jan 2022

Vegan dog & mustard bar!

Had the beyond dog which was a little over cooked but I tried sauerkraut for the first time & it was great! I love the mustard bar options. We came back the next day & tried the vegan soup which was greatly appreciated & hearty

Pros: Mustard bar , 2 vegan options , Heat lamps

Cons: Long lines in the winter, Only outdoor seating

VikingQueen

Points +28

20 Dec 2021

Delicious!!

I was happily surprised to see two vegan brat options and a wonderful selection of mustard and homemade sauerkraut. They also had a vegan lentil soup 👍🏻

Seatown_vegan

Points +6799

26 Sep 2021

Two Vegan Dogs

I ordered the field roast dog. It was good. They also have a topping bar with sauerkraut, onions, jalapeños, and a plethora of different types of mustards.

CarterWilson

Points +16

26 Sep 2021

Bavarian pretzels made vegan!

They were able to withhold butter and cheese sauce on the pretzels to make vegan. Also has two vegan sausage options

Pros: Multiple vegan sausage , Vegan pretzel

Aniseed

Points +4913

12 Jun 2021

awesome vegan sausages!

We enjoyed some vegan german inspired delights here. Really loved the Field Roast & Beyond Meat options, loaded with their amazing condiments and many mustards. Also quite enjoyed the preztel (leave off the butter and cheese) and their vegan soup! Thank you for accommodating vegans !!

nisley

Points +13

Mostly Veg
31 Oct 2020

Best sausage ever

I found they have only two vegan items in their menu: vegan sausage and vegan tomato soup. I had the vegan sausage, it was the best vegan sausage I have ever had..very tasty, it was like the real thing. The staff was very friendly. I was really happy to experience Leavenworth famous sausage VEGAN

veganyumyums

Points +331

10 Oct 2020

Beyond Sausage & Sauerkraut

Delicious, recommend for lunch or dinner. Don’t miss the 8oz cup of sauerkraut, so yummy.

Pros: Vegan option , Kick a** Sauerkraut , Easy to online order

MikaCarvalho

Points +48

14 Oct 2019

Best wurst (sausage) in Leavenworth

Vegan options: 2 wurst (hot dog) and a vegan soup.

The Vegetarian Wurst has now 2 different sausage options: Field Roast and Beyond Sausage (new).
The homemade Apple Cider Sauerkraut is hands down the best I've ever had, but the homemade relish is also a must. They also have dozens of mustard sauces. For sure, I've never seen so many types I'm my life.
They have a small beer garden on the back, with good beer/wine/cider selections and heaters to warm the customers up.

Pros: 2 vegan sausage options

Cons: The soup is too small (cup) for the price ($5)., Vegan sausage is almost twice the price.

SummerLee

Points +1677

14 Sep 2019

Best of the Wurst

The best veggie sausages ever. The cooked all the vegan food on a separate grill. My husband and I went vegan ham all over all the condiments they had to offer. Stacked high sauerkraut. Probably had 10 different types of mustard and loved the homemade cucumber relish. Will relish the experience for years to come.

Cons: Soup was 5$ dollars for just a little

TunnelMojo

Points +235

22 Jun 2019

Worth the line

Came here twice during my three-day vacation, had the Field Roast brats both days; first day I had a brat and vegan soup - both were delicious. Second day I had a brat and Bavarian pretzel. The pretzels can be made vegan if you ask for no butter or cheese. Just smother it in one of the many mustard options and it’ll be delish. Beer is great and the vegan brats are relatively inexpensive - they cost $1.25 more across the street. They have dill relish (I hate sweet relish), cucumber relish, apple cider sauerkraut, and tons of mustards. Very good, and the line moves fast!

Pros: Delicious field roast brats, Pretzels and soup, Beer

Cons: Long line

academyspatula

Points +114

22 Jun 2019

The vegan soup is great

My wife and son stopped by here today to have the field roast sausages and a cup of homemade vegan soup. I really enjoyed the soup and was happy that this place was knowledgeable about veganism. They even said that their pretzel is vegan too - if you ask for no cheese or butter.