Mumbai Delights

831-316-7486

810 Pacific Ave (at Laurel St), Santa Cruz, California, USA, 95060

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian restaurant offering an extensive list of clearly labeled vegan dishes, such as vegetable samosa, aloo gobi, yellow dal, salads and more. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-2:30pm, Mon-Sun 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Indian, Buffet, Non-veg

First Review by smilemakr

Really delicious Indian food - Edit

My wife and I discovered this restaurant due to its listing on the Happy Cow website, and now we have a new favorite Indian restaurant in Santa Cruz! We ate there tonight and had at least 8 vegan dishes to choose from. The vegan mulligatawny soup got us off to a good start. The tandoori oven grilled vegetables were outstanding--lots of delicious onions, broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers. The bhindi masala was really tasty, as was the baingan masala.

Portions were plentiful; we had enough leftovers for another meal. Decor was very soothing--this is no bare-bones Indian restaurant. Even the rest rooms were nicely appointed. Good service, although the waiter was slow to refill my water. My wife and I each had a glass of Riesling; mine was from India, and was surprisingly good (but then again, I know nothing about Indian wineries, except what I learned tonight).

The tab came to 54 bucks, which I consider a bargain considering it included 2 glasses of wine and large portions of food. But it's the delicious food we'll return for, not the low price; I'd pay more for this, but am glad I didn't have to. This is a restaurant that deserves to be successful.

Pros: Outstanding food, Nice decor and ambience, A couple of good Rieslings!

Return to Santa Cruz Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mumbai Delights closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.