Mumbai Chaat

Contact 09-8209393

71 Taylor Street, Blockhouse Bay (at Wolverton Road), Auckland, New Zealand, 0600

Maharaja thali, thali mini lunch, rice & curry, pizza, burgers, chips, garlic bread, masala dossa, onion uthappam, samosa chaat, and more. Open Tue-Thu 2:30pm-8:00pm, Fri-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Western, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by shankaboom

horrible experience - Edit

I went to this location to find a small note saying they were randomly closed and suggested I should go to the other location. I drove 15 min to the next one. The menu has no descriptions of items. I know what some Indian dishes are but I haven't memorized all of them. I pick out curry, can't go wrong there. I ask to make sure it doesn't have dairy. No one spoke English so there was a back and forth game for a few minutes. I still don't know if it has dairy or not in it. I tried to order a samosa but after a few blank stares I gave up. The prices are cheap though. I could have ordered a veg burger but I didn't come to an Indian spot to order a veg burger.

Pros: cheap

Cons: no English speaking workers, no item descriptions

happy chap at mumbai chaat - Edit

this little place is number 3 on my fave eateries in aukland, the other two are ras vatika, and rasoi, and they aren't in order of preferance, its number 3 because its my most recent discovery. food is faultless, thali, poori, idli as good as i've had anywhere else - much more on the menu like dosa, uthapam and assortment of starters and snacks. hospitality in abundance, and prices to suit the modestist of budgets.

Pros: food, hospitality, value

Cons: small, basic decor, not near enough to where i live

Return to Auckland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mumbai Chaat closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.