Mumbai Bistro

215-418-0444

930 Locust St, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, 19107

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small Indian eatery offering buffet by-the-pound as well a la carte menu. Buffet dishes rotates daily but always has 2 vegan (labeled) dishes plus basmati rice. A la carte menu vegan suitable choices include samosas, channa masala, gobi masals, mixed veg curry, Mumbai dal, vegetable biryani. Vegan naan available. Open Tue-Sun 11:30am-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by veggie_htx

Don't Bother - Edit

My wife and I ate lunch here on a Saturday afternoon. In all honesty, and I hate to trash a place, but it was without a doubt the worst meal I've ever had at a restaurant. I had the buffet, my wife ordered off of the menu. After she ordered, the waiter went to the buffet, scooped out her meal, took it in the back to microwave it, and brought it out to our table. The so-called vegan 'naan' was straight out of a package and did not even resemble naan. Cold, disgusting food. Sorry, but it's true.

Pros: Vegan options are clearly marked

Cons: Cold Food, Disgusting Food

Mumbai Bistro, Vegan Indian (labelled) in Philly! - Edit

It is so easy to eat at Mumbai Bistro as a vegan, everything is labelled, so you don't have to ask what has dairy/ghee/etc.! I really enjoy the vegan dal, but the buffet rotates daily (so check the menu before you go). You can also get a la carte items. I aways grab a vegan samosa and vegan naan! The interior has only a few tables, but you can eat around the Jefferson University campus if it is a nice day. Takeout/delivery is recommended.

Pros: Excellent food, Cheap, Vegan selection

Cons: Small storefront, limited seating

Return to Philadelphia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mumbai Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.