First Review by xkillerx

Disappointing - Edit

Sadly, by the time my partner and I got here at lunchtime a couple of weeks ago, despite there being a menu on the table, all that was available were four sarma, two burgers, and a little bit of strawberry 'chutney'. Nothing else, not even anything to drink. Fortunately, I had a bottle of water in my bag.

Considering the place is open until 6pm, I have no idea what the person running the café was going to do with herself (and with no food to sell) for another five hours after we left! Maybe she closed up early.

The food was OK - nothing special; the burgers tasted nice but were very dry, the sarma were quite bland, with little in the way of filling, and the chutney was basically thin strawberry jam to which some chilli had been added.

It was rather expensive for what we actually got, and we felt that we were paying for novelty value: food in Belgrade is really cheap, so I don't get why we were charged almost 700 dinar for this 'meal'.

It's great that this vegan café exists but I'm sorry to say that considering the lack of food, the blandness of what *was* available (really not a good advert for how great vegan food can be), and the price, we won't go there again.

Pros: Vegan, Woman running the place seemed friendly

Cons: Lack of available food, Food quite bland and unimaginative, Expensive

For those on a path - Edit

It's my 'religion' to support vegans. This lady had the glow associated with spiritual blessing bestowed upon those who care for those who are defenceless. This positive energy is transferred to her food. If you find this kooky, give the place a skip, as it was the blandest and most expensive of my meals as a solo backpacker in downtown Belgrade.

Pros: Healthy, Made with love, Meeting place for like minded people

Cons: No stand-out flavors, Pricey, Needs to be warmed up

Amaaazing - Edit

I love indian food. This little store might be easy to miss, but it's worth to try to find it.

I ordered a mixed plate with several choices and it was just amazing, I loved the 6-7 things I tried and the staff is also very humble and nice people.

Definitely recommended if you're into indian food.

love - Edit

I fell in love with this little place yesterday. The lady that works (owns the place maybe?) there was soooo helpful and nice and helped me choose some amaaaazing food for my first time there. I'm so happy i found this place bc I'll probably be going there multiple times a week.

Pros: Really good vegan food, best staff ever

Friendly vegan place - Edit

We went here during a short break in Belgrade and had an unbelievable warm welcome. The owner was so positive thinking and friendly. She is a convinced vegan and told us that all the food is vegan since she took over the place. They prepared us two mixed plates with samosas, bulgur and vegetable patties, salad and a warm dish. The food was good and light. In spite of the name, don't expect Indian food. I'd rather call it indian inspired. I'd prefer it more spicy, but the owner told us that she adapted it to the customers.
After a while, we asked for a fresh juice. The daughter quickly ran shopping because they were run out of apples and we got a tasty apple-carrot juice. Altogether this was a very pleasant stay. The place looks indeed like a take-away bistro, but if you have time, you should stay and enjoy the friendly service.

it's more like a little veggie/indian deli - Edit

as others have said, you look in a little glass case and pick out what you want to buy by weight. so super cheap, so if you're vegan in Belgrade want to get some super tasty cheap sustenance in between trips to Radost Fina which is comparatively quite pricey, this is a great place to go. i sat there and ate at a little table, but it was a little awkward because it's not really meant to be a restaurant. totally worth it for the good eats.

Decent, reasonably priced Indian food - Edit

I had dinner with a group of people at Mumbai. They offer healthier versions of traditional Indian food. The food was tasty, but having eaten Indian food all over the world, I felt the food here was mostly average. I was a surprised that the food was served completely cold on a plate. I was able to view every item the restaurant has to offer in a glass cabinet, and just point to what I wanted. The food is reasonably price by weight. The staff was friendly. If you try this restaurant, you might want to request that they heat your food before you eat it. I think only raw vegan food tastes great cold.

Pros: You can see the food before you order

Cons: Food served cold, Food was a little on the bland side

Mumbai - Edit

Take away restaurant. The food is cold when you get it, so you need a magnetron or something to warm it up.

Pros: you can choose from everything, make your own portion, pay by weight

Cons: first you need to heat it up, they don't speak english

super friendly place - Edit

home made food, mostly vegan. not something to knock you off your feet but a homey place with nice people. a tali stile plate and three or four options, like lentil, vegeeys ext, and plane brown rice. price by weight . all and all nice experience.

Pros: friendly staff, healthy and simple food

Cons: there isn't much verity, no restaurant atmosphere

it just wont stay dead - Edit

Like Futurama, this tiny hole-in
-the-wall turned vegetarian restaurant keeps resurrecting itself. But unlike Futurama, it is never awesome.

They still charge 7 euroes per kilo of food. If you are from anywhere BUT serbia, you might think that's cheap; but trust me, if you happen to be living here, that's quite a lot of money to pay for deep fried vegetables and other soupy-vegetably things. The samosas and desserts arent on the cheap side either. At least the samosas are tiny but tasty, while the sweets are just too damn sweet (for my taste - if you're a sugar craving junk food vegan, you'll be thrilled). The "main" dishes - like fried soy, rice and curries are ok.

Folks, if you're coming to visit belgrade from abroad, you should also consider the few serbian vegan dishes that can be found almost anywhere (posni prebranac, pecurke na zaru).

Last but not least, this is really a *tiny* place, and if you show up later in the evening, there will be hardly any food left, but you will still get charged premium for those heated up leftovers. All in all, my main objection is pricing, and my minor objection are working hours.

Pros: it exists (for now)

Cons: expensive, working hours

Return to Belgrade Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Mumbai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4841 times since Aug 2012.