Mucho Mas

Contact 219-362-9183

609 Lincolnway, Laporte, Indiana, USA, 46350

Serves meat, vegan options available. California-style Mexican food. Has tofu, rice and beans, veg soup, chips & quacamole that are vegan suitable. Separate preparation area for vege items. Wi-fi access. Mon-Tue 11:00am-8:00pm, Wed-Thu 7:00am-8:00pm, Fri-Sat 7:00am-9:00pm, Sun 7:00am-3:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Delivery, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by FranciscoM-Torres

An amazing compromise - Edit

If you eat out with non-vegetarian friends this is the place to take them. Huge portions, reasonable prices, and options that will make you want to come back again. I have been eating here for 3 years, and I still enjoy coming back. My reccomendation is definately the nachos, but the last time I added tofu on it it was not the best. Also don't order a full plate, unless you are straving or really determined. By far, this is the best mexican food in the area.

Pros: plenty of options, cheap, fast-service

Cons: Huge portions , can be really busy

Tasty, large portions - Edit

I ordered a burrito (probably would've gone for the nachos, but I was overwhelmed by the variety of options) and thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't even have to spruce it up myself, spice-wise, - which I assumed that I would need to. The portions are huge (at least the burrito was). Service was fast, too. Nice spot with ample street parking.

Pros: large portions, tasty food, fast service

Best vegan nachos - Edit

SO GOOD. Best friend and I shared a half order of vegan Mucho Nachos with vegan cheese (I believe it was Daiya) and soyrizo. Thankfully, the kind people behind us recommended we not order the full order, as the half order was more than enough of a meal for the 2 of us. In addition, we each ordered a burrito, but I don't recall which ones. We were so stuffed, we only each managed a bite out of the burritos and saved the rest for later. They were still delicious later, but were definitely better fresh. We agreed that we weren't in love with the tofu in the burritos, but it was ok, the spices just seemed a bit weird, kind of curry-like. Probably would add soyrizo instead next time. If this place were closer to me, I'd go all the time. I have been dreaming of vegan nachos since our journey there.

Pros: Vegan nachos, Soyrizo, Giant portions

Cons: Too far away from me, Spices on tofu kind of weird

Wonderful! - Edit

We were traveling from Chicago to Michigan and had never eaten in Indiana before, so when I found Mucho Mas, we made a beeline for it. There were four of us traveling together, 3 vegetarians and 1 vegan. I had a wet burito and it was delicious. If I am ever in the area again, you can bet I will be there.

Pros: Reasonably priced, Vegan cheese, Organic

puts La Porte on the map - Edit

They now serve breakfast! I will drive 45 mins. to eat here for breakfast, it's that good. Plus, I feel great supporting a restaurant like this. Tofu scrambles, incredible fruit plate, oatmeal, build-your-own breakfast burrito (make it vegan, of course!). For vegetarians, there's french toast, pancakes and all kinds of egg dishes. They'll run specials like banana pecan pancakes.

Menu reverts to regular lunch/dinner around 11am. They use organic ingredients when possible. Cage-free eggs available. You can substitute tofu and Daiya cheese for any of the meat/cow cheese items so anything can be veganized. This place is so awesome. It puts La Porte on the map.

(They are currently considering adding a Michigan City location.)

Return to Laporte Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mucho Mas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1123 times since Dec 2009.