CLOSED: Mu Du Noodles

Contact 505-983-1411

1494 Cerrillos Rd, Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA, 87505

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu changes seasonally, and several mains and appetizers can be prepared vegan upon request. Main entrees comes with brown rice, jasmine rice, or noodle and are topped with vegetable and sauce. Uses some organic ingredients, recycles waste, and purchase renewable energy. Pine tables and chairs and sparse decor on warmly painted walls create a cozy atmosphere. CONFIRMED CLOSED, JULY 2016. Open Tue-Sat 5:30pm-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Organic, Beer/Wine, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by vegan4theloveofitall

Great for a special occasion! - Edit

My partner and I go to Mu Du Noodles on a special occasion, like a birthday. It's pricey, but worth it. I am addicted to the daikon cakes (made vegan) and Chinese long bean appetizer (in season). I always get the Yaki Udon entree (made vegan with organic tofu) which is terrific if you enjoy spicy food. Other entrees can also be veganized (starred on menu). Sadly, the yummy green curry can no longer be made vegan because the curry paste now contains shrimp. (Mu, if you are reading this, please give us the vegan option back!) For dessert, don't miss the ginger coconut sorbet, which is vegan and truly delicious (the cookie contains butter). Mu Du Noodles is now open for lunch on Thurs-Fri-Sat.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday February 07, 2012

Updated from previous review on Saturday May 23, 2015

Pros: Santa Fe's best noodles

Cons: Expensive!

Excellent Flavors - Edit

The creative cuisine has heaps of vegetarian and vegan options to satisfy anyone. The quality of ingredients and food is top notch. Mu knows how to create a menu and atmosphere that is friendly, fun and full of perfect flavors,
If you eat fish, there is always some great salmon options.

Pros: Excellent Food, Fresh, Good Value

Cons: None, None, None

delicious - Edit

We had fabulous service. They even provided us with a free taste of their vegan coconut-ginger sorbet. The daikon cakes were out of this world. food is a bit too oily, but delicious. The prices were high, but not outrageous for a nice meal out.. my boyfriend left very satisfied and he eats a ton of food.

Pros: taste, unique menu

Cons: oily

Tasty, but quite overpriced - Edit

Although my husband and I thought the food at Mu Du Noodles was tasty, we were quite taken aback at the price tag attached to it.

My husband had a brown rice and fresh spinach stir-fry with tofu. The seasoning were good. But it cost $13. This was for a (relatively small) bowl of brown rice and spinach with some tofu in it.

I had a (relatively small) bowl of vermicelli with some vegetables, tofu, and a curry sauce. It was good. Cost? $16.

Would I go back? No. Not unless they knock about $5 off the cost of an entree. The food was good, but not THAT good.

The service was rather lackluster. Not awful, but not warm, friendly, or attentive. At these prices, I'd expect the service to be top-notch.

Pros: Fresh, Well-prepared, Seasoned well

Cons: Extremely overpriced, So-so service

We were happy to find vegan options! - Edit

Vegan restaurant fare is difficult to find in Santa Fe. We were happy to find a restaurant that offered more than one vegan entrée. This restaurant has several dishes that can be prepared vegan. We ordered the Vietnamese Spring Rolls (vegan style) for the appetizer. My husband had the Emerald Saute prepared "vegan style" - organic tofu, green tea noodles, spinach, shitake mushrooms, local and seasonal vegetables with crispy shallots. I had Jade Brown Rice (vegan style) - organic tofu, brown rice, spinach, broccoli, cilantro, pistachios. Both dishes were scrumptious! Then, we couldn't resist ordering a homemade frozen dessert. My husband enjoyed the vegetarian salted caramel ice cream, and I had an unbelievably kreamy vegan coconut-ginger sorbet -- yummy! The service was friendly, efficient, and prompt. You will definitely want to stop here for a meal (or two!) while in Santa Fe.

Pros: vegan options, tasty food, friendly, efficient staff

Return to Santa Fe Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Mu Du Noodles closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1394 times since May 2010.