Mrs. Winston's Green Grocery - Colorado Blvd

Contact 310-315-2777

2450 Colorado Ave (at inside The Water Garden Business Park), Santa Monica, California, USA, 90404

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small natural foods and snacks store with a large salad bar featuring many vegetarian & vegan choices and lots of sprouts. Build your own salad and sandwich. Shared outdoor garden seating with view of water pond. Directions: location is inside The Water Garden business complex, and parking is provided underground for a fee. Mon-Fri 7:00am-5:00pm Closed Sunday.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Salad bar, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by gr8vegan

Huge salad bar - Edit

My new client is across the street from this location, so I went for lunch. I used to go to the old Century City location years ago, but this location has a huge salad bar. It was very busy at lunch, so there was quite a long line although it moved fairly well. There are so many options, including ready made salads with vegan labels. The only downer is that they also sell tuna, chicken and hard boiled eggs. If they were all vegan, the place would be the most awesome salad bar ever. Beware that the price adds up quickly as it's sold by weight. There are a few snacks and fruits to round out the store offerings.

Pros: huge salad bars, lots of vegan options

Cons: serves meat, dairy and eggs

Impressive Salad Bar - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my Mrs. Winston's Green Grocery review.

This location is at The Water Garden and caters to the business lunch crowd.

My husband and I had trouble finding the place, because we didn't realize that the store is inside the business building. We called and were given directions to park in the building underground lot (parking is expensive).

The store and salad bar basically caters to the business crowd that work in the buildings. It was very busy at lunch time when we went. The salad bar was impressive. It offered so many choices of fresh sprouts (wow!) in addition to other salad stuff as well as several vegan choices in tofu salads. Vegan items were labeled. We piled our to-go containers with heaps of salad goodies, but that did not make a dent in our pockets. The salad bar cost is by the pound, and we were able to eat well for around $20 (including a pound cake muffin).

The store also featured a build your own sandwich bar, a small selection of fresh fruits and vegetables, natural food and snacks.

Pros: vegan friendly, nice space, outdoor water garden seating

One of my favorites places for lunch! NO GROCERYS - Edit

This is actually my favorite Mrs. Winston's, which is not really a Grocery Store, but the most kick'n Salad bar on the planet. Vegan options galore, Make your own vegan sandwich, etc. Its located in the Water Garden amid all the high tech companies. I usually part at a meter on Colorado but I have heard there is free parking, don't get stuck in the low below because its PRICEY, maybe they validate I haven't figured that out, yet. Vegan Pasta Salads, Vegan Soups, Vegan Sandwich bread, you can make anything you can imagine. I bet there are over 50 vegan items.

Pros: create your own sandwich, pasta salad, clearly labeled vegan

Return to Santa Monica Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mrs. Winston's Green Grocery - Colorado Blvd closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2410 times since Aug 2007.