Mr Natural Vegetarian Pizza - St. Kilda

Contact 03-9534-2542

223 Barkly Street, St Kilda, Victoria, VIC 3182

Mostly take away pizzeria with a few small tables for eat-in. Offers wheat-free, gluten-free, and yeast-free pizza base options. Another location in Fitzroy North. Mon-Thu 5:30pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:30pm-11:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Western, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by tessha_m

Yummy Pizza - Edit

Had a hawaiian with vegan cheese and it was yummo - they did half/half for me cos my friends wanted dairy cheese. I like an adaptable eatery!

Pros: Really tasty, adaptable - half/half ok, vegan cheese options!!

There ARE heaps of vegan options - Edit

It defies belief that the previous reviewer reported 'no vegan options'! Why don't you get your facts straight and open your eyes before writing a baseless utterly incorrect negative review! This is a vegetarian pizza restaurant that offers vegan cheese and has done so for many years - long before most other restaurants. This is easily the best veg'n pizza place around and I've been coming here for years. My favourite is the Bezalya with satay sauce and vegan cheese (see pic of single slice), which has never had any of the problems other reviewers have reported.

Pros: vegetarian, vegan cheese available, imaginative pizzas with a difference

Cons: difficulty finding a carpark nearby

no vegan options - Edit

I have recently gone from vegetarian to vegan & went to their menu hoping to find a vegan pizza eg with black olive tapenade instead of cheese like La Porchetta used to have, but all their pizzas seem to have cheese, & just say 'can be vegan by omitting cheese', I was really disappointed.

Pros: vegetarian

Cons: tells vegans just to leave the cheese off

Worth avoiding - Edit

The pizza was poor - topped too high with sludgy, under-cooked toppings and with a vegan cheese substitute that tasted terrible. This kind of experience is unfortunately not unique - vegetarian places that try to cater for vegans but don't understand how to make decent vegan food.

Vegetarian Pizza Heaven - Edit

It`s so great to be able to go into a Pizza shop and can actually choose from everything on the menu. The pizzas are delicious, healthy and given the wholemeal pastry and a stack of ingredients are very substantial. To top it off they are very well priced. The decore used to be a bit average but that too has recently improved & you can even get Coopers on tap. Definitely a big favorite of mine. Cheers John

Pros: See Above

Cons: Parking

Unexpected but yummy - Edit

Unusual pizza, instead of individual ingredientsyou get a paste-like topping which is why omitting stuff is not always possible. But to leave the cheese off and make it vegan was possibly and I really loved the pizza... And all things sounded healthy. Also the drinks were organice. And in unvegan Melbourne area this place was a nice surpised and made my day.

Worst pizza I have ever had - Edit

Was really looking forward to a pizza so headed here but it was the worst.

It had absolutely no flavour the base was like biscuit and the topping wasn't cooked. It was the laziest attempt at pizza I've ever had!

I will never go back. There was nothing redeeming about this place.

I have to leave a 2 /5 to complete my review but really I would give nothing

Cons: No flavour, Topping piled on and not cooked, Base was more like a biscuit

Creative rennet-free vegetarian and vegan pizzas - Edit

We've eaten at the St. Kilda location at least five times. The pizzas have all been great (not undercooked as another reviewer commented). Our favourites have been the Mexicana (we always get one); the Dhal; and the Margarita. But we have yet to try a pizza that we wouldn't give at least three stars. The pizzas aren't quite like a typical cheese pizza but are probably a lot healthier for you. The crust seems like a cornmeal-type crust and it's piled high with ingredients. The emphasis here is on toppings more than cheese. We haven't tried the vegan cheese yet but the rennet-free cow's milk cheese is fine.
Updated from previous review on Sunday December 04, 2011

Pros: Rennet-free cow's cheese, Vegan cheese, Good taste

Cons: A little loud

Disappointing - Edit

This was possibly the worst pizza experience. The two pizzas we ordered were so overloaded with toppings they were cold and uncooked in the middle, despite having just emerged from the pizza oven.

The concept is great, but a real pizza is basic and simple, and a joy to eat, not a struggle to keep the toppings on the base.

What we had was just plain wrong.

Pros: The concept, The types of ingredients

Cons: The amount of toppings, The bloated feeling, The wasted leftovers

Wholemeal or Gluten free pizza, no rennet cheese - Edit

Careful or Ali will pile your pizza sky high, he's maybe too generous sometimes, but definitely good value for people on a budget. There is also a sister pizza place in Fitzroy, down the Alexandra Pde end.

Great location and very quick. See if you can guess Ali's age, I was shocked when he told me, but I shouldn't be, because that's what a veg diet does for you, it keeps you healthy and youthful and it's so yummy.

Pros: Lots of toppings, Wholewheat or Gluten free, Inexpensive

Cons: Uses Spanish instead of Kalamata olives

mmm great pizza - Edit

Mr Naturals Pizzas are unlike any pizza you have ever had before, packed full of fresh veggies and a few random ingredients like sultanas, sesame seeds and rice!
They are very filling. And consistently good!
I reccomend the Bezelya pizza.
Specials for pick up pizzas Mon-Thurs. Gluten free and vegan options.

Pros: Cheap specials, Healthy fresh ingredients, freindly service

Cons: Only open evenings

Return to St Kilda Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mr Natural Vegetarian Pizza - St. Kilda closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1882 times since Aug 2007.