Mr. Natural Vegetarian Pizza

Contact 03-9481-7775

469 Brunswick St, Fitzroy, Victoria,

Mistah Natural is a take away pizzeria in Fitzroy North with a few small tables for eat-in. Offers wheat-free, gluten-free, and yeast-free pizza base options. Mon-Thu 5:30pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sun 5:30am-10:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Western, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by tessha_m

Never Again - Edit

The pizza was soggy, overloaded with toppings and used a blue cheese style vegan cheese that tasted awful with the other toppings. A good example of a vegetarian place that doesn't get vegan food.

Cons: Bad food.

better a hint - Edit

Had their broccoli pizza and mate had pumpkin. Not that tasty but would go back again. Ate it along st kilda though as interior isn't that great!

Very tasty - Edit

Have been here a few times and the pizzas are pretty good. The more simple ones i find are better as you then get to enjoy the ingredients. If you live the side of town it's by far the best. Nostralis in Caulfield is still the king

Pros: tasty, all veg

Cons: epensive, parking

Best pizza in Melbourne - Edit

I've been to Nostralis (lots as a vegetarian), Plush Pizza, Vegie Bar & the other Mr Natural in St Kilda, and this place has the best vegan pizzas I've tasted.

Pros: Great taste!, not stingy with the toppings, perfect base

Cons: hard potato, don't order if a woman is working

Worst Pizza Ever, Tasteless and Dry - Edit

I have to say that we were deeply disappointed with the pizza we ordered tonight.

There seemed to be a bunch of toppings on the pizza, it looked good at first, but there was no sight of any sesame seeds or fresh parsley that was advertised, there was only a few dollops of vegan cheese and tomato sauce sparsely decorating the top of the pizza. The toppings seemed ok, but they were so tasteless, so many toppings and you could barely taste any of it. The mushrooms and the olives tasted like nothing at all and the pumpkin was half raw and crunchy and not at all sweet and delicious like everywhere else we've had. And the gluten free crust was by far the dryest most tasteless and disgusting thing we have ever eaten as a pizza crust. It was hard to even finish a few pizza slices it was so dry and there was hardly any tomato sauce or vegan cheese to make up for the lack of moisture in this thing. We had to take our pizza to go because we couldn't eat anymore. Then we proceeded to another restaurant to have something else to eat to get the disgusting dry corn crust taste out of our mouths.
My husband and I also tried Plush Pizza last night and agreed it was the best pizza we've ever had, gluten free and vegan or not. It was just tasty, the crust was thin and crispy but not dry like cardboard and there was actual sauce on the crust base and the cheezely they put on was very noticeable and creamy and only an extra dollar for a large pizza.
We paid an extra $2.50 for gluten free and an extra $3.00 for vegan cheese. With the crust basically ruining the pizza, and the vegan cheese almost no where to be found on the pizza, I feel like we were ripped off. For the price difference for the extra cheese I was expecting a base of cheese under the vegetables, not a few sprinkles. The cheese tasted like a watery alfredo sauce while the one at Plush Pizza had a much creamier richer cheese taste. That's a lot extra to pay for a very bad pizza, where is the value in this?

Pros: vegan options

Cons: worst dry crust, toppings tasteless, rip off on vegan cheese

mmm - Edit

I agree that Mr Natural is something special, sure it is nothing like pizza hut, but thats why you love it! the pizzas are piled with fresh toppings. The wholemeal bases might not be to everyones taste, but you could try the gluten free base instead which is more like a "thin'n'crispy". They are very filling. I reccomend going with a pizza that has garlic and fetta on it if you like stronger flavours.

Pros: Price, tonnes of topping

Return to Fitzroy Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mr. Natural Vegetarian Pizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1805 times since Aug 2007.