Mr. Farmer - Shinjuku

Contact 03-33495731

Mosaic St, Odakyu Shinjuku Mylord, 1-1-3 Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Health-oriented restaurant with multiple outlets, this one opened early-2016. Offers American-style salads, wraps, sandwiches. Has a vegan section on the menu. Cold pressed juices. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Greyskies

meh - Edit

After reading all the reviews, we were excited to try this place out. We wanted a nice romantic night out and setting seemed perfect for it. Nice looking restaurant inside and out. The food was ok. Expensive but good I guess. The service however was awful. It was busy when we went so we didnt mind waiting to be seated. However, we had to wait so long before the waitress even saw us once we sat down. We did even get water for atlease 10 min. I had to go find one and ask her to come see us so we could place an order. When the food came we only got one plate. After 5-10 min of waiting, my partner started to eat as his food was getting cold. By the time I got my food, my partner had finished his plate already. so much for a romantic dinner...

Pros: Nice ambiance, Good location

Cons: Expensive, Horrible service

Amazing place right at Shinjuku station! - Edit

This place had delicious vegan dishes and lively atmosphere. We were so happy about it that we dined there twice, for dinner and breakfast. Another bonus was its opening hours: 9 to 11, which means you can go there to fuel up in the morning and also have a day closure when you're back from a day of travel. Being located right at the Shinjuku station also made this place a top pick for us, and apparently for many others, as it was always packed with people (not in a bad sense - it was always pleasant). The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming, too.
We had vegan burgers, veganized avocado salsa salad, healthy homemade smoothies, vegan curry, potato chips and cakes and were pleased with all our choices.

Pros: Great vegan selection, located right at Shinjuku station, vegan desserts!!

Cons: You might have to wait in line to enter, no soy milk lattes.... :(

Fresh, healthy and affordable - Edit

Cute little restaurant at Shinjuku Station that does BREAKFAST! Those who understand the difficulty in finding breakfast in Japan will share my excitement on this one!
I had the tofu and quinoa tabouli wrap which was soooooo good and my partner had the omelet (vegetarian), both were excellently presented and reasonably priced (¥2500 including drinks and tax). The staff are also very friendly and the cafe is super cute, make sure you check it out!!!

Nice atmosphere, little bit pricey - Edit

Food was good and the setting and quality was nice. Plenty of vegan options, easily labelled in English, plus good vegan desserts. Was about 1500 for a burger and 1300 for the vegan salad. Nice selection of free flavoured water. Friendly staff and good English.

Country feel in the city - Edit

Mr Farmer Shinjuku Mylord looks really appealing from the outside, with lots of plants in tubs and hanging baskets and a trendy, earthy vibe. Inside it doesn't disappoint. There is relaxed seating and lots of plants everywhere. They have a lovely selection of three different fruit/veg flavoured waters as you come in.
They have a separate vegan menu, including some vegan desserts. Unfortunately, when I was there, most of the desserts had sold out, but we had a fruit in agar slice and carrot cake (which was a quite dry). The main courses were lovely though.
It is very popular so expect you might have to queue.

Pros: Lovely relaxed natural vibe, Tasty food

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mr. Farmer - Shinjuku closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.