Mr Farmer Omotesando

Contact 050-57976037

4-5-12 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Freshwater, Tokyo, Japan,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mr. Farmer, a "vegetable cafe", is a restaurant that prides itself on creating meals and drinks that use fresh Japanese produce. Has carefully tailored a vegan menu that offers a generous selection of gourmet burgers, sandwiches, wraps, salads, smoothies, cold-press juices and more.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Western, Juice bar, Non-veg

First Review by Ayefam

Tokyo's #1 casual dining for veg*ns (FIVE STARS) - Edit

This is a Five Star review (HappyCow doesn't allow five stars for omni places in their rating system but to me this is five stars regardless) and it's for all Mr Farmer locations, not just the one at Omotesando. As of this writing there are more locations in Shinjuku and Roppongi, and additional ones are planned. The food is the same at all locations. Ambience and friendly service are similar at all locations, too.

I cannot rave enough about this place. Yes, it's an omni place but who cares when the food is better than at 95% of all pure vegetarian and vegan restaurants? The three vegan entrees are a tempeh burger, a Portobello mushroom burger and a curry. The two burgers are the best. I even prefer them to the ones served at Ainsoph.ripple and those are very yummy, too. The amount of calories you get with these may be on the lower side if you're a big guy like me. When I want to get totally stuffed, I just order both, plus a "custom salad". You can put together your own salad from a menu of options. There are tons of options, and several dressings. As a vegan I am just so thrilled to know a casual dining chain where I can get a totally satisfying meal and don't have to cringe about bacon or eggs in the salad. Some of the cakes they serve are also vegan although they tend to run out of them toward closing time. Better to call ahead and reserve.

Another plus: they open at 9am, a rarity in Tokyo, so a late breakfast is possible.

Only two, minor, downsides. They close at 8pm (last order at 7:20), and there is exactly one white and one red wine on the menu. These house wines are OK but a little more variety wouldn't hurt.

Updated from previous review on 2017-02-09

Pros: Best vegan casual food , DIY salad is awesome, Comfy ambience, good service

Cons: Nothing major

my go to restaurant - Edit

This is an awesome place to visit with omnivore friends who you have yet to convince to join you for a vegan feast.

The portions aren't huge but I always leave satisfied- the meals are always complete- right down to the sauces or pickled vegetables on the side. I love the black bean burger! I alao love the variety of fruit/veg flavoured water.

I have felt that the service can be a little slow sometimes....

Pros: fruit/beg water, the interior is cozy

Pricey and small portion - Edit

The restaurant is so pretty, filled with greens, and although a little out of the way on the main road of Omotesando Hills, can be found relatively easily with Google maps. Firstly, they had a English menu which was great, and everything was clearly marked as vegan or not. They also had a really cool water bar with 4 different infused waters. There was actually a lot of vegan options, such as two different burgers, wraps, and curry, but choosing to be healthy, I ordered the custom salad, with taxes was around ¥916, with a base and 4 toppings, and was honestly disappointed. The portion was tiny, and they forgot to bring out one of my toppings. They brought it out when asked, but I had to get help from my Japanese speaking friend. I think it could be possible that I just picked the overpriced dish, but I'll try maybe another time and update the review about how it is. The other items, such as the vegan burgers looked really good, but were a little out of my budget for that time. I really want to go back to try those, and will update about how they were!

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-27

Pros: Water bar, Beautiful interior, Clearly marked

Cons: Tiny portion , Expensive

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mr Farmer Omotesando closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.