Mr Bean - Tan Tock Seng Hospital

• Other Other

11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng #01-11 (at Tan Tock Seng Hospital), Central Singapore, Singapore, 308433

Part of soy beverages and snacks chain. Offers a variety of flavored soy milk, tapioca pearl milk, soy ice cream, as well has mini pancakes with filling. Not sure if all vegan - please ask. Open Mon-Sun 7:30am-10:00pm.

First Review by linrx

My maternal grandmother died in this hospital - Edit

I was brought up by my maternal grandmother a pioneer generation. During her days she told me about women from China who serve as nannies and have breasts that long that they would swing their breasts like saris over their shoulders if it got in the way. Their breasts were their tools in livelihood in Qing, KMT and Mao China.

I remembering I was still drinking milk from a bottle at Jing Shan Primary School. My granny would bring the bottle to the tuckshop and I would drink from the bottle lying on her lap. Once, the then principal B K Nair saw us and spoke with me and my grandmother. His words were about consideration to the challenges that my grandmother faced in such ways of nannying. During my time, we came from the Mount Alvernia Hospital philosophy that Nespray was better than human lactation, and children were easier to bring up with 'showstoppers' in our mouths. Times have probably changed. Still, my grandmother upon listening to the principal's suggestion, went back and started implementing MILO as a stepping stone. She first mixed milo with nespray and had me drink from the bottle after school, then she switched to milo completely in a bottle, then milo in a mug, and by now I have been drinking milo over the past three decades.

I support breast feeding and awareness of mothering best practices, though about the ongoing debate, my suggestion is that if women want to breast feed, at least look prettier. To some of us guys, the reason why we are concerned are less about breastfeeding moms, but because the looks of the protagonist seriously CMI. We have high expectations of mothers and she embarrasses us by suggesting that she is in some motherhood competition because we expect more than just boobs from our women in our highly civilised Singapore society.

So please, if women want to breast feed, at least be chio and be pleasing to our eyes.

Even though some women may want to show us their boobs, it doesn't mean that all of our standards are that low, some of us are not interested in scrawny, stupid looking less than educated women like the protagonist mother in this case.

Our grandmothers in the past were world war two heroines while many of our mothers today are still cold war specialists, the bare minimum we expect of high quality mothers are at least a Masters or Ph.D, it is neither breast nor breast feeding we have something against, but the fact that we expect babies to drink milk from cows that have attended Princeton and Stanford instead.

Updated from previous review on 2017-04-20

Pros: Meatless, Beefless, Soya

Cons: My maternal grandmother died without checking out, My maternal grandmother did not get to try it

Return to Central Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mr Bean - Tan Tock Seng Hospital closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.