MoZaic Restaurant

( 1 review )
941-951-6272

1377 Main St (at downtown), Sarasota, Florida, USA, 34236

Serves meat, vegan options available. Fine dining and wine. Has a vegan meatloaf, vegetable spring rolls, a beet salad (say no cheese), and a couple other items can be made vegan (ask). Occasionally will have a vegan dessert option.

Categories: Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by PattiKramerSchmidt

Great choice for special occasions - Edit

The vegan options here are limited but amazingly delicious. We spoke to the chef, he was raised vegan so he knows what he's doing and is committed to providing vegan options. This is a pricey restaurant but so good it's worth it. The vegan meatloaf is the vegan main dish to get. I know meatloaf doesn't sound fancy but trust me, it was beautiful and delicious. The vegan spring rolls were so good we ordered more and we also had the shaved cabbage and brussel salad, minus the cheese. We had a chai cheescake for dessert but they don't always have vegan desserts. I advise making a reservation and specifying that you're vegan. We requested a vegan dessert ahead of time and they accommodated. Chef Ash is educating the staff but some are still learning. Our waiter was great about verifying everything if he wasn't sure. Another staff member put rolls on our table and he practically dived for them in a panic because they weren't vegan. It was cute. But the rolls aren't vegan, which is a bummer. I think if they get more vegans coming in, they will adjust accordingly. I highly recommend this restaurant for a special night out. Just make sure you check on everything, since not all of the staff is fully aware.

Pros: So, so delicious!!, Fine dining., Right on Main St, near theaters and opera house.

Cons: Expensive, Limited options, dessert not always available, Some staff not fully educated on vegan

Return to Sarasota Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has MoZaic Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.