First Review by StephenS

Contributions +195

Um, well, uh - Laters! - Edit

So when we walked in the store the first thing we got was a rude look from the two Women behind the counter. But, whatever - people work hard sometimes anf are tired and over it - I get it. Made our way to the Coolers and was stoked to see Vegan heatable Burritos, Vegan Sandwiches, and some Amy's Vegan Pockets. Grabbed a Tofu Cutlet Club and my fingers basically went thru the bread but not the wrapper. I could see and feel the inside sogginess and the red mushy seep through of the tomato. Closer inspection showed the brown wilting on the lettuce - BUMMER!
So while my Sweetie grabbed some Vegan Pockets (Amy's in a box) I strolled back up to the counter to see if there were any fresher sandwiches in stock. Waited for a bout 2 or 3 minutes while the two Trolls at the front chatted and ignored me, even though they both made eye contact with me.
So - I grabbed my Girl, she dropped her Pockets, and we skidattled it out of there, neither of the women saying anything to us. And we were the only freaking customers in the place - you'd think they would have enjoyed our business!
Now I understand this may have been an unique or isolated incident - but there are other and better options in the area(Berryvale) - So I will not be going back.
Otherwise, looked like there were possibly some organic veggies and I think I saw a Vegan Granola Bar - who knows - who cares....off to Berryvale!

Pros: Nice Name

Cons: Rude and unhelpful staff, some very poor quality items, Not a huge selection of Vegan choices

Return to Mount Shasta Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mountain Song closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 667 times since May 2010.