First Review by Mimi710

Veg-knowledgable but slim pickings for vegans - Edit

We stopped into Mountain Oasis one afternoon for lunch. A lot of the items are vegetarian on the menu, and though they might sound vegan many aren't. They have a delicious vegan sourdough bread and vegan mayo for the sandwiches. My boyfriend ordered the TBLT (tempeh bacon, lettuce, tomato) sandwich on sourdough with vegan mayo. I had a harder time ordering, because everything I wanted ended up not being vegan (blackbean burger, pita bread both not vegan). I ended up getting falafel with lemon tahini and a side of vegetable soup. My boyfriend's sandwich was AWESOME and I wish I had gotten it too. My falafel was SUPER salty, as was the soup, so I ended up being very disappointed. We spent nearly $30 before tip for the lunch and only one of us walked out of there full and satisfied. The staff was great though, they really knew about the foods they made and hopefully our inquiries and the inquiries of other vegans will encourage them to alter their recipes to be vegan (like the blackbean burger uses non-vegan breadcrumbs, for example).

Pros: Lots of veg items, Mostly homemade

Cons: Price, Few vegan options

A Real Treat - Edit

The veggie options at this attractive bistro are abundant and tasty. I tend to gravitate to the Middle Eastern part of the menu but its all good. A great place for a Saturday lunch.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff

Never Again - Edit

We went through Flagstaff on a road trip to Vegas-- we stopped by this place and were greeted--She seemed like everything was cool, she set us down and thats the last we heard or saw of anyone. We looked at the menu, not many veggie options- but a few. I dont know if it was because we have tattoos or looked different then all the soccer moms in their but we waited for atleast 15 minutes before we left. Ended up walking down the street to a Thai place to eat.. So dont go there if your not a soccer mom or look as if you are different

Pros: none

Cons: everything, everything, everything

tinnuwen It's true... At times the service is quite slow (or non-existent initially). But don't take it personally. I live in Flagstaff and am a server, and sometimes when there's a lot to do in the back of a small business the server doesn't see that you are there and/or isn't notified that you are in his/her section. That is no excuse for bad service, mind, but there is a bar in the back of the restaurant and the staff is quite nice, and I'm sure if you went back there and stated that you had been waiting there a while someone would apologize and you would be provided with wonderful service hitherto. I eat there often and have never seen any soccer moms... A lot of health-conscious positive energy people. I have tattoos myself and have never been treated different at Mountain Oasis because of it.

You must have went on a bad day, but I would suggest trying to eat there again. The food is some of the best in Flag, and the service is very nice and helpful.

pineapple tofu salad! - Edit

The pineapple tofu salad is AMAZING and only $7.95. I get it pretty much every time I go. The thai dish can also be ordered vegan, and several appetizers are vegan. They also have a meditterean plate. Staff knowledgable as to what vegan is. Great coffee drinks that can be made vegan with soy milk. Definetly a place to go on your visit to Flagstaff - or if you live in Flagstaff and haven't been - what are you waiting for!!? They often have a live musician playing in the corner at dinner time. Candles on all the tables. Would be a great place to take a date.

Pros: pineapple tofu salad, friendly service, live music

Return to Flagstaff Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mountain Oasis closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2909 times since Aug 2007.