First Review by

A regular stop of mine - Edit

This is my go-to natural food store. I literally have no complaints. If there is anything I am curious to try or just want them to stock, they are easy to talk to. They also have a good selection of produce, which a lot of natural food places I visit lack. Also, the cafe:]!

Awesome Bulk Foods & Organic Veggies - Edit

This is where we shop when in Colorado Springs. A bulk section that rivals the best stores I've been to anywhere. They try and get as much of their bulk items as they can local and organic. The produce section is all (100%) certified organic, and always fresh. There are Vegan options in every section of the store from packaged goods, to coolers, to freezer, to deli. Unfortunately, the Deli options do lean more towards the omnivore/carnivore side of things, but there are several veg options and a few Vegan.
One of the great things about this place - besides it being Independently owned and operated for years and years - Is that they are very accommodating to item requests. All you have to do if you want something they don't carry, is fill out a little request form at the counter, and if it meets their criteria of healthy and available, it will be there the next week or so you go back.
I'd take this place over any Whole Foods or Trader Joes or other chain store I've ever been in. Highly recommended.
Prices are competitive and standard or better than standard.

Pros: Independent, Organic and Wide variety of Veg/an, Well laid out, clean, friendly

Cons: not all veg or Vegan

my favorite store in Colorado - Edit

I love this place! I have have been to nearly every health food store in Colorado and Mountain Mama is my favorite. Very friendly and laid back staff, reasonable prices and they have a great selection.

Great Independent Grocer - Edit

I live up in Denver, so I don't do much shopping down this way, but if I'm in The Springs, I will often stop in here for some things. It's a very well stocked health food store with many options including a well-stocked bulk section, a small prepared food section, packaged raw foods, and many local items.

The perfect place to stock up on essentials if you're down that way.

Pros: Great variety, Friendly staff, Fresh produce

Cons: A bit expensive for some things

Great grocery store! - Edit

Mountain Mama offers an excellent selection of produce and packaged goods, as well as many organic and local food products. There are many options for vegetarians and vegans in both the cafe/lunch counter and in the regular sections of the store. A line of breads, baked goods, bars and deli items are also made in store.

A note about price: In my comparisons, Mountain Mama has won every time. Their produce is significantly cheaper than Whole Foods or conventional grocery stores, and other products are slightly more expensive, but very comparable. On the whole, I find it cheaper to shop at Mountain Mama than at other options in the region.

Definitely a favorite!

Pros: Good products, Low costs, Friendly staff

Cons: Limited selection on packaged goods

Homemade and wonderful - Edit

The deli makes the most wonderful Vegan Treats. There are always a selection of vegan items (vegan potato salad, hummus, vegan spinach dip, vegan double chocolate cake...)
The deli also has vegan bagels, and you can make your own sandwich. i love running in there to get a sandwich and hot soup.

Pros: fresh, vegan variety, local

Cons: small-but expanding

Can be expensive - Edit

Since Mountain Mama's is so small they can be VERY expensive, like $5 for a small thing of veganaise. and near $5 for Earth Balance.

But the people are really nice and some products they can try to order for you, if you ask.

Pros: Locally Owned, Nada Moo (soy)ice cream, Parking

Cons: Prices, Lack of Vegan Options

Better Than The Rest - Edit

This store makes me feel at home- especially w/ their in-store bakery and deli! The staff is knowledgable and friendly. The store is family owned and the owners are often available to help customers. They have great prices and I dont feel like Im at WalMart like I do in "other" health food stores. :)

Pros: YUMMY Bakery, Deli sandwiches, very friendly staff

Return to Colorado Springs Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mountain Mama Natural Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1788 times since Aug 2007.