Mountain High Pies

Contact 02-47573737

293 Great Western Hwy , Wentworth Falls, New South Wales,

Serves meat, vegan options available. A local pie shop, has pies on the menu clearly marked as vegan, with offerings such as: tomato, coriander & lentil pie; dhansak & curried vegetables; and chickpea & curried veges with eggplant & coconut milk sauce. Sides such as mushy peas are also available. Juices, soft drinks, coffee (soy milk available). The shop is along the highway, with plenty of parking out the back. This shop is a little oasis from the usual of having to interrogate shop owners and getting vague responses about what's vegan or not. Mon-Fri 6:00am-4:00pm, Sat-Sun 6:00am-5:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Yvette Rigby

Choosing is the dilemma! - Edit

I love these pies. The hardest decision is WHICH pie to choose! All are utterly scrumptious!
Vegan choices include
- chickpea & curried vegies
- dhansak & curried vegies
- tomato, coriander & lentil
And the vegetarian pumpkin & cashews with leek isn't too shabby either.
My omnivore partner has trouble deciding too!

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-24

Pros: Excellent food., Great choices., Friendly staff.

Cons: Parking can be an issue.

Good decision to stop for lunch - Edit

We stopped on our way to Sydney for lunch. There were 3 vegan pies to choose from and same number for dessert. I had the garden salad to go with my pie. All the food was great. Not sure if it was due to the rain outside but this place was very busy - lots of take out.
Updated from previous review on Sunday January 03, 2016

Updated from previous review on Sunday January 03, 2016

Pros: Placing order at counter , Good food , Friendly and positive staff

Vegan Pies & Baked Goods - Blue Mountains - Edit

I stopped at Mountain High Pies for a late lunch and found several vegan pies available. The lovely vegan lady serving me recommended the tomato, lentil and coriander pie and it was good advice. The pastry lid was light and crisp and the filling delicious.

There were several vegan sweets including a mini apple pie, mini apple and rhubarb pie, and a turtle cookie (like a muesli cookie with date on top).

Look for it on the right hand side as you're heading west towards Katoomba.

Pros: Good value, Friendly staff, Vegan-friendly options

Great vegan pies! - Edit

Love this place! Surprised there's only one review!

We always visit here when in the Blue Mountains. They have 3 delicious vegan pies and many vegetarian ones!

Just to make you drool....
Chickpea & Curried Veg with Eggplant/Coconut milk – VEGAN
Dhansak & Curried Vegetables – VEGAN
Tomato, Coriander & Lentil – VEGAN
Pumpkin, Cashew & Leek - VEG
Roasted Vegetable Quichette – GLUTEN FREE/VEG
Roasted Vegetables -VEG
Spinach & Feta -VEG
Vegetable Sausage Roll- VEG

And don't forget their vegan apple pie! You can eat in, take away (cold pies) for reheating at home. Yum!

Pros: Many vegan/vegetarian options, Lots of parking, Great Location

Awesome Blue Mountains find - Edit

If I hadn't checked HappyCow, I would never have guessed that this place would be vegan-friendly. It looks like a typical, highway fast-food joint... until you walk in and see the vegetarian menu & cabinet. When I visited, there were at least half a dozen vegetarian pies, half of those being vegan. I shared two pies with my mother - a coconuty one and a curry one. Both were tasty with a nice flaky crust - although we were in pie overload from trying 5 types of vegan pie in 2 days! Even more exciting was the fact that they serve a vegan dessert pie - an apple pie with a short crust. If you're in the Blue Mountains, come here - even my aggressively omni father complimented me on this pick!

Pros: Vegan pies, Vegan APPLE pie, Cheap!

Cons: Meat pies

Return to Wentworth Falls Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mountain High Pies closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1093 times since Oct 2010.