Mountain Cafe

Contact 01469812473

111 Grampian Road, Aviemore, Scotland, PH22 1RH

Serves meat, vegan options available. This place makes an effort to provide for vegans. Has breakfast food, sandwiches, burgers, salads, and baked goods. Uses fresh, locally-sourced food with a New Zealand twist, served in the space above an outdoor gear shop. Vegan and gluten-free are indicated on the menu. Open Mon 8:30am-5:30pm, Tue-Thu 8:30am-5:00pm, Fri-Sun 8:30am-5:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Beer/Wine, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by heyjude

fantastic - Edit

Plenty of options for vegans here and the staff are very accommodating. I had the bean Burger and fries, huge portion and absolutely delicious. there are two cake options for vegans on the day I am here too. I wish happy cow would let me rate places like this 5, even though they serve meat. We cannot reasonably expect all restaurants to go vegan, it would be bad for business and mean great places like this may not exist. the place was busy every day we came and always people waiting to get a table. brilliant!

Pros: delicious , plenty of vegan options , popular and busy

Cons: none

Delicious vegan cakes, flat whites and beautiful views of the mountains! - Edit

We were camping near by and never thought we would be able to find vegan cakes in such a small town. Not only did we find vegan cakes we found the best soy flat whites made the proper way! Amazing place, with the most amazing views of the mountains. Our waitress was so lovely too, she was really knowledgeable and so friendly! I think she had red hair and a bandana so if you ever see this thanks for being awesome! Would leave five stars if happy cow would allow it.

Pros: delicious vegan cake selection, amazing coffee, the view is breathtaking!

Cons: none!

Would travel miles out of my way to eat here!! - Edit

Great menu whatever your food preference. I am vegan and had lots to choose from.
The presentation of the food is beautiful and it tastes fab. The Cafe is upstairs in a very pleasant building with stunning views over the Cairngorm mountain range and the staff presented themselves as friendly, knowledgeable and professional.
Overall, this is my favourite place to eat in the UK - the only bad thing is that it's around 500 miles away from where I live!!

Pros: Many nice vegan options, Meat, non-meat, gluten free options, Fantastic location with stunning views

Cons: May need to wait for a table

Return to Aviemore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mountain Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.