Mother's Market & Kitchen - Brea

Contact 714-990-6667

413 S Associated Rd, Brea, California, USA, 92821

Serves meat, vegan options available. Grocery store with restaurant inside. Vegan options on the menu are noted. There is a juice bar and a salad bar that's available at the restaurant or for take out. Part of a group of Mother's Market stores in Orange County. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by groovychick

Bad Food & Service - Edit

I had high expectations for this place, as they had lots of vegan options and Mother's Market is a very good store. First of all, the store is good, except a lot of stuff is overpriced. They have a wide variety of specialty teams you wouldn't find anywhere else, including AGAR!

Second of all, the restaurant is not good. Service is extremely slow. I had the tempeh burger, which was okay, and the person I was with had the spaghetti and "meatballs." The sauce was flavorless and the vegan meatballs were mushy. The burger also came with a side, but choices were limited to quinoa, rice, or something else I don't remember. None of these things really go well with a burger, and the rice was dry and bland. I would not recommend this place.

Pros: tempeh burger is good

Cons: slow service, most food is bad

Mother's Market is Groovy...but Expensive - Edit

Mother's Market is a health food store that has all kinds of things. They have all kinds of food; vegan, vegetarian, and non-vegetarian. They also have cookbooks and make-up (which is all natural but it's freaking expensive, man.) Mother's Market has all kinds of vegan food including vegan desserts and weird stuff like vegan coconut shrimp and Thanksgiving "turkey". I love the hot food bar because they had a lot of vegan options and give you free samples!I love this place, however most of their stuff is too expensive.

Updated from previous review on 2012-02-17

Pros: great selection of vegan food, free samples at hot food bar

Cons: expensive

The Best Vegan Breakfasts! - Edit

Mother's has the best vegan breakfasts ever! Lots of options but we always get the tofu omelet (made with shredded tofu), mushrooms, avocado, and vegan cheese. Last time, I opted for a gf vegan pancake instead of any of the sides and it was delicious! My husband likes to get their potatoes and a biscuit and devours both. I've had their shakes and green juices before and enjoyed both. A definite must to take your meat-eater friends/family since they can also be accommodated. I'd give this 5 stars if I could!!!

Pros: Vegan GF breakfasts!!!, Vegan biscuits, Large selection on menu

Cons: No location in Las Vegas :(

TRY THE PANCAKES - Edit

the pancakes were sweet, fluffy, with an amazing texture and really hope you all try it! the chickpeas are suppose to mock eggs but I wouldn't have that expectation, but nevertheless they were such a lovely dish(((:

Pros: pancakes, kind people

Cons: Somewhat small

Friendly Staff - Edit

Love this location, haven't found a meal I love at the restaurant, but their quick service juice bar is amazing and I love the vegan milkshakes. Also, these people are always so kind to my son. He actually looks forward to going there because the staff always make a point to say hi to him. There's tons of vegan food around and you can pretty much find anything you need here. I go here a lot before holidays to stock up on food items for my sons Easter basket, halloween candy, and Christmas stocking because you can find a lot of vegan specific things that were made for the holidays.

Pros: Huge Selection, Friendly Staff, Great Juice Bar

LOVE the selection - Edit

This is my go-to place for getting the freshest organic produce year round, or when I can't make it to a farmer's market. Great selection of vitamins and supplements also. Good place to shop for superfoods such as maca, goji berries, cacao, etc., if you need it - you'll find it here, along with a knowledgeable staff that will answer your questions or help you find some you need. Love it here !!!

Pros: Amazing selection, Weekly Sales, Has a Cafe

Cons: Can be pricey, Prepared deli foods are so-so (bland)

I Love Mothers - Edit

Great cafe food. The tahini fusion wrap is delish! Everything I've had has been very tasty and filling. Pretty good dessert selection too. Overall great cafe and restaurant

Pros: Food, Tahini Dressing

Amazing Store! - Edit

Love this Place! Specialty delicious vegan, gluten free, soy free food...awesome customer service & employees, great competitive prices, amazing selection! I love shopping here...beautiful organized store.

Pros: Location, Selection, Prices

Nice store - Edit

Compared to the one in Santa Ana they're okay. I guess they are not as attentive to the costumer. I go there almost every week. When I asked one of the girls for some product, she said they don't have it on stock since they don't sell it much, and I know it sells well. This is just one incident of many, but they do have the vegan essentials I need to survive :) and the owner is really nice.

Pros: Vegan essentials, nice owner

Cons: Customer service needs work

Return to Brea Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mother's Market & Kitchen - Brea closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.