Mother's Market and Kitchen - Irvine

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 949-752-6667

2963 Michelson Dr (at Jamboree), Irvine, California, USA, 92612

Natural foods grocery market with several locations in Orange County. Has a deli, juice bar, and an attached cafe restaurant inside that is vegan and vegetarian friendly. Stocks supplements and vitamins, fresh fruit and vegetable, bulk, packaged food. Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm

First Review by

lots of vegan options - Edit

We stopped into this Mother's location just to shop, so I have no comments on the café/deli. There were lots of vegan options and I bought items that are harder to find. Make sure you don't miss the aisles way in the back. Their beauty area also had good variety. My main complaint is that they mixed many of the refrigerated vegan food items in between non vegan items which was distressing to view as I searched for the item I really wanted.

Pros: vegan options, easy parking

Cons: sells meat, dairy and eggs

Great Juice Bar.....but too busy - Edit

I went to three Mother's Markets during my southern California visit: Huntington Beach, Irvine, and Costa Mesa. They are like the story of the 3 bears. Huntington Beach was too small. Irvine (this store) was too big and busy. Costa Mesa was just right.

But, back to Mother's in Irvine. I went there for the juice. They have the same menu as other Mother's, and the juice is delicious with great options, but the store here is just too busy. It was a long wait for the juice...at least 20 minutes. My husband wanted to order a tuna sandwich and was told it would be a 20-30 minute wait. He left and went to Which Wich next store where he got his sandwich right away. Great place but TOO BUSY.

Pros: Great juice, Clean

Cons: Too busy, Crowded

Great store, not always great kitchen - Edit

Mother's Market is a really good place for buying vegan and veg cooking supplies etc. but their kitchen let us down a few times.

The kitchen has a good range of vegan items, and it's great that it's purely vegetarian. We did have a bad experience with a few orders however - we ordered the flap jacks many times (which are marked "vegan"), and the server let us believe they were vegan. After clearing our plates we were told that the flap jacks actually WEREN'T vegan (so we'd just eaten a whole bunch of dairy without our knowledge...nice)

So even though the blue corn flap jacks are marked as vegan on the menu, make sure you don't order them if you're vegan! The server later told us the menu "must be wrong".

Other than that, if you're not in a rush, the kitchen is a pretty good place for some veg/vegan food. It is very slow though.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Vegetarian cafe, Great store

Cons: Long wait times for food, Incorrectly marked vegan items

I Heart Mother's Market - Edit

Mother's Market is a fresh breath of air. There are currently around 3 in the Orange County area, and I just love stepping inside. It has an independent market feel, and the selections are good. Prices are decent, somethings are pricy. Lots of organic items and natural products. Very vegetarian friendly.

Overpriced and bad food - Edit

The market is overpriced, and the food at the restaurant is bland. It also isn't fresh, and for many of their entrees they just use fake meat from the freezer section of their grocery store. I always order a vegan item and have never had it come out correctly, which is surprising for a restaurant that has several vegan options on the menu. There are many other vegan restaurants in the area that I would choose over Mother's Market.

Cons: bland food, poor service, poor value

A+ - Edit

Great menu with wide variety of entrees and delicious breakfast options are served all day. Kitchen, deli and juice bar are open 8am to 10pm and offer great, fresh meals. Staff is wonderful. Multiple locations in OC make this the best place for vegetarians to shop and dine!

Return to Irvine Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mother's Market and Kitchen - Irvine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1111 times since Aug 2007.