Mother's Juice Cafe

Contact 541-318-0982

1255 NW Galveston Ave, Bend, Oregon, USA, 97701

Serves meat, vegan options available. Breakfast and lunch food in a coffee shop atmosphere. Has acai bowls, fruit smoothies with a few organic and dairy-free options, a vegetarian sandwich, plus soups and salads.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by moglig

Delicious - Edit

The ingredients are super fresh and tasty. I had a modified Baden-Baden (veganized) and the staff was more than happy to accommodate my substitutions; even came up with some for me :) Husband had the Eggs Benedictish, which, was a vegetarian option; large delicious portions. Can't wait to go back.

Mother's is just okay - Edit

I used to eat at Mother's (or get a fresh veggie juice) at least twice a week, but slowly began to notice that the staff wasn't very knowledgeable about what they were serving. I found that innocent sounding "veggie" soups were actually made with chicken stock. When I asked if they were made with chicken stock, the answer was, "Um, I'm not sure. Do you want me to check?" Yes. Come to find out, none of the soups I ever asked about were vegetarian.
I also always assumed that the fresh veggies/fruits were organic. Wrong again! According to the staff, the ONLY organic vegetable served is spinach. Sigh. There goes my convenient fresh veggie juice on my way to work. Definitely not interested in a side of pesticide.
I *want* to love Mother's Juice Cafe because it is close to where I work and I'd love to be able to get an ORGANIC fresh veggie blend juice without having to do the juicing at home every morning and I would love to be able to find something vegan on the menu besides the Summer Salad with no feta (organic spinach but conventionally grown strawberries.. grr).
The staff is very pleasant, but I'd really like to see the owner go organic.

Pros: friendly staff, large menu, cool atmosphere

Cons: not organic, not vegan friendly, use of packaged soups

Great Breakfast Place - Edit

They are the only place that I know of that serves acai bowls - one of my favorite things for breakfast! The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating to dietary needs. I love that they give the option of using hemp milk, which is great...not many places do. My favorite is the NW Acai Bowl, but instead of yogurt I substitute hemp milk. Oh, and a warning...the acai bowls are HUGE! Highly recommend sharing!

Pros: Large portions, Friendly staff, Good value

Return to Bend Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mother's Juice Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.