Mother of Pearl

Contact 212-614-6818

95 Ave A (at East Village, Manhattan), New York City, New York, USA, 10009

This East Village tiki bar and restaurant overhauled its menu and changed to vegan in Feb 2016. The menu focuses on Polynesian fruits and vegetables with dishes ranging from fried coconut tofu with adobo cream, chimichurri and pineapple pepper relish, to green mango poke with tomato, jicama, crispy rice and macadamia. Kitchen closes Sun-Thur 12am, Fri-Sat 1am. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-2:00am, Mon-Sun 5:00pm-12:00am.

Category: Vegan, Beer/Wine, Fusion, Polynesian

First Review by SKTroutman

GO HERE. - Edit

Yes, please try this place out. I'm usually not a fan of the tiki bar style, but this place is pretty perfect. The ambiance is just right and the food and cocktails are unbelievably incredible, they fit the vibe of the bar as well. I plan to come back every time I visit. You should definitely try it.

perfect brunch - Edit

Four of us tried about half the brunch menu, and never expected to enjoy it so much. The place is cute, staff super friendly, but the food was so memorable. We expected smaller plates but all left satisfied. Beautifully presented and thoughtfully prepared. We will be back.

Vegan Tiki Fun! - Edit

I've been to Mother of Pearl twice, the second time with a non-vegan foodie friend who LOVED it. We each had a couple of rum cocktails - Sugar Cane Magic was our favorite. We were full after the third sharing plate, but of course had a fourth one and also ordered dessert. I've now tried almost everything on the menu, and it's all outstanding, but the Lychee Potstickers are a definite do-not-miss. And if you have room after your meal, the Fried Steamed Buns are worth squeezing in.

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mother of Pearl closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.