First Review by tetsuwanatom

Small Town Health Food Store - Edit

Mother Nature's Health Market is a typical small-town, locally-owned health food store. It's relatively small, has a limited product selection, no fresh produce, little in the way of fresh baked goods, a decent selection of supplements, and, unfortunately, high prices.

I don't point out this last thing as a criticism; if their prices weren't what they are, they would go out of business. They don't have the buying power of a large grocery store with many locations. Also, when I say they are locally owned, I have to admit that is an assumption. I have no idea who the owner is, or where they live. In any event, my point is, if you shop at a store like Mother Nature's Market, you don't do it as a matter of finding low prices. Aside from the supplements, you can certainly find many comparable products at a nearby, large grocery store. But, if you want to buy your health food from a small, independent store that is more motivated by providing the consumer with healthy products, this is your place. Also, their customer service is very good, as is their product knowledge, something I find lacking at the nearby large grocery stores.

One thing that sets this place apart, sort of, is that on certain days of the week, a local dairy farmer sells raw milk in the parking lot in front of the store. I don't know the state law regulating the sale of raw milk, but it's my understanding that it is legal to sell raw milk, but it can't be sold inside a retail store, and it is, apparently, legal to sell it in a parking lot. So, while MNM doesn't exactly sell raw milk, you can buy it very nearby, about 100 feet away front the door to the store.

Pros: Independent, Near home, Good Customer Service

Cons: High Prices, Small, Limited Product Selection

Return to Liberty Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mother Nature's Health Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 556 times since Aug 2007.