Moshimo

Contact 01273-719195

Opticon, Bartholomew Square, Brighton, England, BN1 1JS

Serves meat, vegan options available. Japanese food. Vegan choices are clearly marked on the menu and includes dessert options, dumplings, miso soup, and vegan duck. Menu changes seasonally. Previously named Moshi Moshi. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-10:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Japanese, Non-veg

First Review by jojoinbrighton

YUM - Edit

I went here and had the faux duck teriyaki, some cucumber rolls and the pumpkin croquettes. My partner isn't vegan so he had the Katsu curry. All was delicious, although the duck was a little bit sickly and sweet - but still good. The croquettes came with a sauce and when I asked the waiter what it was he was well informed and very friendly. Would absolutely go again. Love the cute conveyer belt too :)

Pros: Friendly, informed staff and decent service, Clearly marked VEGAN dishes, Lovely modern layout

Cons: Faux duck dish not my favourite - 8/10

Super sushi - Edit

I found the staff here incredibly rude, but the food delicious. The sushi was beautiful, and the katsu curry was lovely. All the vegan options are easy to see, and the service is fast, if not friendly.

Pros: Delicious food

Cons: Rude staff

Clearly Marked Tasty Vegan Options - Edit

Really enjoyed teryaki vbites chicken and the two-layer vegan bento box. Menu is really clear, vegan options for food and drinks inc green tea milkshake. Nice seating outside and in.

Pros: Vegan Options Clear On Menu, Tasty, Bento Box

Cons: Serves Meat N Fish

Great food! - Edit

I love this place. There are loads of vegan options clearly marked, and everything I've tried is brilliant - they even have vegan cheese and faux meat on the menu. I would avoid on Monday's (Moshi Mondays) as sometimes the service can be slow and the staff are forgetful - I've had to remind the staff after 30 minutes that we haven't received almost any of our food.

Pros: Vegan options are clearly marked., Plenty of vegan options.

Cons: Avoid Monday's.

The best! - Edit

Amazing vegan Japanese food right in the centre of Brighton. Vegan options are clearly marked on the menu & currently include inari tofu, tofu teriyaki, a selection of hand rolls, aubergine dengaku, agedashi tofu, vegan duck teriyaki & even a maki roll which includes vegan cheese. If you're unsure where to start Moshi Moshi do a vegan sushi set for £9.50 that includes 7 or 8 rolls. Moshi Moshi do change their menu seasonally but their vegan selection is always great.

I'd say Moshi Moshi is the restaurant in Brighton that I eat at most, I love it & if I could I'd be giving it 5 Cows!

If you become a member of Moshi Moshi (cost, £10) you can eat for half price every Monday & you can easily pay back the cost of the card in 1 or 2 visits.

Oh & another thing, If you're unsure which items on the belt are vegan you can just order from the menu or just ask one of the helpful waiting staff who'll be happy to grab what you're looking for. I know the first time I went I was worried about biting into something & realising too late that it wasn't veg friendly!

Pros: Amazing food, Excellent value, Beautiful restaurant

Return to Brighton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Moshimo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.