Morning Glory Bakery

Contact 207-288-3041

39 Rodick St, Bar Harbor, Maine, USA, 04609

Serves meat, vegan options available. May have only a few vegan options. Bakery that offers a few veggie sandwiches (one tempeh, one hummus, one mozzarella), and on occasion a vegan dessert, in addition to breads and baked goods.

Category: American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by tigercat

Quick Food, limited vegan selection - Edit

My husband and I went here many breakfasts during our vacation in Bar Harbor. What we liked about this place was that it gave us some cheap eats while on vacation. We stopped by every morning for coffee and bagels with hummus, although you could get peanut butter instead (which most coffee shops don't offer) The place was always packed and you could tell that this is the place that locals went to.

Don't bank on being able to eat in the place. The shop is really small and really busy. There were a few days where we had to bring out breakfast into our hotel room, no biggie. Selection is limited for vegans, but if you don't have a continental breakfast, or just want to switch it up, this gives some options. They even have a vegan sandwich that you can buy on the go. I enjoyed their drip coffee but wasn't sold on their soy latte.

Pros: Filled with locals, Super yummy hummus

Cons: Limited Selection, Small Space

Tasty vegan sandwich options - Edit

Busy bakery and sandwich joint with two vegan sandwich options. The first is a house-made hummus with veggies. Good hummus. Lots of veggies. The second option is a little more exciting. Baked tofu and veggies with a cilantro Veganaise-based dressing. The tofu is Maine-made (Heiwa brand) and they use local, organic veggies. Tasty! In good weather, you can sit out front, although you'll be lucky to snag one of the four seats on such a day. I'm so happy I found this place. Yeah, for Morning Glory Bakery!

pretty good - Edit

I went there 3 times looking for vegan pastries and only on the third visit did they have something that was excellent. A trail bar that was delicious. They have plain bagels w hummus I ended up having for hikes. they put egg wash on their everything bagels.

Tasty Vegan Sandwiches - Edit

Bakery cafe, cute outdoor backyard garden seating area, very busy, only a couple tables inside. Organic, local, vegetarian, and vegan options. A couple of vegan breads (ingredient list available) and tasty sandwiches (tofu, hummus). Organic coffee w/organic soymilk available. One vegan dessert option.

Pros: Tasty vegan options, Organic coffee

Cons: Not many vegan options

don't bother - Edit

I'm just getting to write this, re an early September meal. That day, there was only one vegan item available, a tofu sandwich. It had a few thin slices of very cold tofu, a little dressing, and some lettuce and cukes. Really bland. Bakery items looked good, but none was vegan.

Return to Bar Harbor Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Morning Glory Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1533 times since Sep 2008.