Morning Glory Bakery and Cafe

541-687-0709

450 Willamette St, Eugene, Oregon, USA, 97401

Conscious kitchen serving vegan and vegetarian breakfast and lunch. Vegan, wheat-free, sugar-free baked goods, monthly organic specials, house-made breads, vegan french toast, waffles, biscuits and gravy, tofu scramble, vegan omelets, sandwiches, soups, salads, fresh-squeezed organic juices, smoothies, and organic coffee bar. Open Mon-Sun 7:30am-3:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by tartarugafechada

Amazing Breakfast - Edit

I love this place! My whole (even non veg) family came here with me and all thought it was amazing too. There were so many options it was hard to choose, but I had the vegan omelet and veggie sausage. I can't wait to go back and try more.

It was so great to see an all vegetarian restaurant so busy! This did though make for a long wait and a loud sitting area, but totally worth it!

Pros: Vegan Friendly, completely vegetarian

Cons: congested

bomb diggity breakfast food - Edit

Not sure if I could put into words how much I love morning glory. There monthly specials are always amazing. If you like pancakes, waffles or French toast (and who doesn't) this place will be your new favorite. If you're looking for something more savory their breakfast potatoes will also knock your socks off. Even though it's a vegetarian restaurant my non vegan friends and family still love it.

Pros: FOOD

great breakfast stop! - Edit

I loved that tofu was the base option and eggs could be substituted on request. Most things were vegan or veganizable and everything we had was great. From pumpkin waffles to chilaquiles it was delish! Many types of milks to choose from and a bakery case filled with vegan treats.

Comfort Breakfast Food - Edit

They serve healthy foods but I'm usually all about what's smothered in sauces and their vegan mushroom gravy is absolutely amazing!!

the best vegan breakfast ever!!!!! - Edit

Omg! So many vegan choices for breakfast. I am in heaven.
I've been to some of the best veg restaurants in LA, NY, SF, Portland and Seattle and this is by far the best vegan breakfast that I have ever had.

Great Food, Friendly Staff - Edit

My husband and I visited with our two young kids. We were seated and served quickly. There was a wide selection of toys, coloring and books for our children. I had the Triple Lucky Noodles, which was basically a pad thai that had been crisped in a skillet. Medium spice was rather spicy and I really enjoyed it. My husband had the Happy Morning Sandwich and I enjoyed his meal too :) So did he. They have a kids menu, my daughter had fruit and a really delicious muffin. I felt healthy and full when I left the restaurant and look forward to going back.

Pros: Kid-friendly, Tasty, Healthy

Wow wow wow! - Edit

Delightful cafe, really homely feel, amazing food - probably the best I've had in the 3 weeks travelling the west coast. Perfect serving size, I ate everything on my plate and felt satisfied but not too full.

I want to live here to come back once a week.

Highly recommended!

Our Favorite Breakfast Place! - Edit

We eat at Morning Glory usually more than once a month, sometimes weekly. Vegan options abound! Our favorites include Little Bear, Three Sisters, side of Soysage patties and the monthly organic specials that usually include a scramble and waffles or french toast, most with vegan options. The organic coffee is good, and Aztec Sunrise is our favorite tea selection. It gets busy with a waiting list, so we try to arrive by 8:00 a.m. in order to get a booth/table. They're open until 3:30 and serve breakfast all day.

Pros: Vegan breakfast!, Organic ingredients

Cons: Gets busy and you have to wait

Best Breakfast in Eugene - Edit

Best Breakfast in Eugene! I love this place. They are 100 percent vegetarian w/ many vegan options. This is definitely a must do for a visit to Eugene and many locals become regulars as well.

I had the:
Happy Morning Sandwich
A fresh biscuit slathered with our herbed tofu sour cream & topped with a soysage patty, tofu patty, & tomato slices. Served with herbed glory potatoes smothered in our tantric mushroom gravy & topped with green onions.

It was excellent and filling. If you have a hearty appetite perfect for one person, but you could almost split one w/ a friend if you don't have a lumberjack appetite and be good to go w/ this alone.

My friend had:
The Chilaquiles
Mexi-cali tofu scrambled with organic blue corn tortilla chips, black olives & mild green chiles. Topped with herbed tofu sour cream & pico de gallo. Served with your choice of black beans, brown rice, herbed glory potatoes, or quinoa.

She enjoyed it even taking some home and they have in house hot sauces as well.

It is right in the heart of downtown next to the train station and worth checking out nearby Smith's Bookstore and Grower's Market if you happen to catch them open on a Thurs or Fri if you breakfast, brunch, or lunch time's out w/ their limited hours.

Pros: Great Vegan Options, Diverse Menu, Great Service

Cons: Cool to have some Raw Items

Excellent! - Edit

Not only am I mildly addicted to the breakfast quesadilla, but they also have a nice case of baked goods, all vegan! Everything is delicious, and they really understand vegan food. Highest recommendation -- breakfast and lunch only.

Unforgetful food - Edit

It is a reasonable place nearby amtrack station..and valuable food. I already love its food..i will definitely come again! :)

I underestimated this place - Edit

I wasn't expecting much, but... Entire case full of vegan goodies! Don't charge for soy milk. Pastries were great- cinnamon bun was dry on outside, but everything else was perfect. $1 day old pastries! Tasty & cheap!

Pros: baked goods, diverse options, breakfast

Cons: tempting sweets!, just ok coffee, slow service

A Reliable Treat in Eugene - Edit

We completely agree with VeganMusicMan--Morning Glory is a must-stop anytime (before 3:30) we're near Eugene. At our most recent visit, the cheerful interior had been repainted and as usual there was an interesting show of local art on the walls. The servers were pleasant and helpful, and if there ever was a problem with slow service, I don't remember it. My usual tendency is to order one of their sweet vegan breakfasts, such as the smackin' sweet Vegan Cranberry Walnut Waffles and the Blueberry-Ginger Smoothie shown in my photos, but this time I branched out to savory and ordered Chilaquiles, a rustic dish of the chef's invention. The young woman who took our order promised me it was delicious, even though I had my doubts about the idea of blue corn chips mixed into a tofu scramble. The dish satisfied on every level--flavor (sort of down-home with cumin), appearance (lots of vitamin-rich colors), and generously sized (I took a recycled paper container home with enough for the next day's lunch). Jerry let me taste his order, Little Bear's Vegan Omelette, which was folded into a crackling crisp shredded potato shell, surrounded by a bunch of sautéed vegetables and topped with tofu-based sour cream. I had my eye on one of their intriguing pastries (vegan key lime shortbread) but the feast had left me too full. Next time . . .
Updated from previous review on Friday June 21, 2013

Pros: Palate-pleasing vegan comfort food, Friendly service, Cheerful surroundings

Cons: Only open till 3:30 pm, Vegetarian fare, not exclusively vegan

"Do you want flies with that"? - Edit

This restaurant is easy to spot by the whimsical mileage sign posts out front and the 6 foot tall bike tire sculpture. It has enough tables to seat 42 and a small counter seats 3 more. Its a breakfast and lunch place and serves breakfast till closing time at 3:30. They offer a fine selection of breakfast items, sandwiches, and salads, along with other items. Hot tea is served in a two cup cast iron tea pot, which keeps your second cup hot till you want it. The two restrooms are very clean, bright and well stocked. Blackboards and chalk in the restrooms allow people to leave messages without marking up the walls with graffiti. On the down side, on my first visit, there were several little "critters" flying around inside. When I went back two days later, they were still flying around. Flies and food don't mix in my book. This restaurant is cheery and has an accommodating staff. Perhaps a little too accommodating, as on my second visit, a couple came in with two dogs (not guide dogs) and asked if it was okay to bring them in. Not only did the waitress tell them it was fine, but she then brought out a bowl of water for them. Now I like dogs, but I don't want to dine with them. I don't know what The Oregon Department of Health's stand is on dogs in eateries, but I have a feeling its against the rules. Even though the food is good, because of the flies and dogs, I can't give this place a very high rating.

Pros: good food, large portions, fair prices

Cons: flies, dogs inside

Hippie place for some veggie food. - Edit

Feel free to take this review for what it's worth. A small group of us ate here, but all we had was coffee, teas and muffins but we did see some of the food coming out, can't really say how it tasted. Lots of vegan options, gf, all kinds of stuff. Overall the atmosphere was pretty chill and the waitress seemed a little spacy but cool (It was 420 after all, so I didn't think much of it) I liked how this place felt and if I'm back in Eugene I'll stop by for a vegan breakfast. If you want a relaxed veggie/vegan hippie type place, check it out. There teas were good and they had some really intersting varieties.

Pros: view/atmosphere, vegan options

Tasteless - Edit

I know most of my reviews consist of the same negative aspects, but it's indicative of this town as a whole I believe. Vegetarian/Vegan does not have to mean TASTELESS! Bland bland bland, and then some. I hear the dill biscuits are pretty tasty but both times I've been there they, of course, didn't have any.

This place is a step above Keystone at least but they need to learn how to salt/spice their food. The gravy & biscuits have so much potential the consistency is all there and it looks like it should be delicious but it just isn't.

And they are slow as can be as well. Hope you like the smell of coffee because the coffeeshop smells overpower any pleasant odors that may come off of your food.

Pros: Consistency (stretching I know), Price

Cons: Bland, Slow

Love it! - Edit

I've been coming here for years, whenever I pass through Eugene I have breakfast here. I recommend ANY of the breakfasts....they've all been delicious: from the biscuits and gravy to The Owl and The Pussycat (sauteed tofu with herbed potatoes). The coffee is excellent as well. Regarding the service: I've never had problems. Once you learn that it is a mix of getting stuff yourself and them bringing you things it is fine.

A Worthwhile Venture - Edit

The service here is usually pretty shoddy. The food is delicious and creative (try Little Bear's Vegan Omelette and delicious vegan rice crispie treats). You never have to explain what vegan or gluten-free means, and they have abundant choices. Don't expect much from the servers and you'll do just fine.

Pros: Great Food

Cons: Service, Can Be Slow

Return to Eugene Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Morning Glory Bakery and Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.