Moon

Contact +39-931449516

Via Roma 112, Ortigia Siracusa, Siracusa, Italy, 96100

A social kitchen in Syracuse where guests can get the recipe for the meal they just had. Uses local products. Eco, ethically space. Periodically holds meetings and cooking classes, live performances. Open Wed-Sun 12:30pm-3:00pm, Wed-Sun 6:00pm-11:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Italian, Beer/Wine

First Review by cceino

Luxurious vegan restaurant - Edit

Moon is a beautiful place that I would describe as a luxury vegan restaurant. Their cooking is mostly very ambitious and creative and the atmosphere is friendly and hip. Both nights we went there they had live performances - one with a great opera singer and the other night with 2 different artist singing some relaxed south-american tunes.

Their pasta carbonara is the best I have ever tasted! The entres were nice and the desserts AMAZING.

I also had a tofu-dish that was pretty nice.
BUT the pasta with the vegetable-sauce was however not nice at all. The prices are also quite high - so when they serve a plate that is infact quite bland and very boring you tend to get a bit disappointed.

I would go back for the delicious pasta carbonara and the amazing desserts. But I am not certain I would order anything else.

Pros: creative, luxurios, pasta carbonara and desserts

Cons: some not so nice dishes, expensive

Wonderful accidental discovery - Edit

My wife and I came across Moon completely by accident while strolling Ortigia today Wow! This really made our day. . The pasta carbonara was absolutely the best pasta dish I've ever tasted. Service was very friendly and inviting. The atmosphere is really interesting. The place is beautifully decorated. I want to stay here longer just to go back!

Great! - Edit

I was here for lunch, sitting on their terrace. They had an opera singer for lunch,, making the experience very special he was very good (although I'm not an expert).

I had spaghetti with pumpkin and pistachios, their specialty. It was really delicious. Highly recommended.

Pros: good location in Ortigia

if not a vegan going in, you will be one going out - Edit

We found this gem while perusing Happy Cow in Toronto.
We booked a reservation here for our trip to Ortegia. We ended up going back 2 more times. The restaurant, the food, the owners, and the staff are all superlative.

Recent converts to vegan eating, it was easy to find great food here. They are amazing how they can create sumptuous food and not the typical garbonza bean vegan fare.

The raw spaghetti with raw tomato sauce, the spaghetti carbonera, and the pesto pasta were really delicious. I do not know how they can make a chocolate mousse with whipped topping not being about to use eggs or cream but they did and it was also really good.

Their "taste of the sea" is really a pleasant surprising taste in several dishes.

The staff were very helpful in selecting the dishes and even more so with the wine.

The entertainment was also very good and different each night.

A fun location with locals and tourists in a very easy to find location minutes from the Duomo.

Barbara, thanks to you and your staff for the best meals that we had on our trip to Italy

Pros: food, staff, entertainment

Cons: they are not in Toronto

mal was anderes in italien - Edit

wir wollten es mal riskieren, ein italienisches lokal aufzusuchen, das sich traut, anders zu sein. moon = "move ortigia out of normality" fand ich hübsch. tofu mit reis war gelungen, aber der salat mit orangen und fenchel war unglaublich erfrischend :)!

Return to Siracusa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Moon closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.