Montiel

+34-932683729

Flassaders 19, Barcelona, Spain, 08003

Serves meat, vegan options available. A slow food concept, gastronomic restaurant in the Born area that has specifically vegan appetizers, mains, and also raw vegan dessert. Open Mon 1:00pm-3:00pm, 7:00pm-10:30pm, Wed-Sun 1:00pm-3:00pm, 7:00pm-10:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Spanish, Non-veg

First Review by Mdme. Mariais

Delicious - Edit

Attentive staff. Vegan options clearly labeled on the menu. Has 2-3 vegan options per category.

Outstanding - Edit

At first, upon walking up to the restaurant I noticed a couple of hams hanging near the door, and my husband assured me this was the place he'd been told about, with excellent vegan food.

So we went in and the server was very attentive and friendly. The menu has clearly labeled vegan options for every course, and raw vegan dessert. The food is all made from scratch with the finest local ingredients and it shows. We ordered the mushroom risotto and the artichoke gnocchis, which were amazing. We also had some dessert which was really delicious.

This is definitely the place to visit for true local vegan gastronomy. Would give 5 stars if able.

The lovely owner assured us that, being vegan himself, is looking forward to getting rid of the hams in the future, as the restaurant changes more towards vegan.

Pros: Outstanding food quality, Great service, Nice location

Cons: Not all vegan

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Montiel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.