Get the HappyCow App

HappyCow mobile application
The App Stores #1 vegetarian and vegan restaurant guide
Thousand of listings across the globe
Featured on CNN, NY Times, and Wall Street Journal
Download the app

© HappyCow 2018

Monpan Shokudo

09020629620

Yoshidashimoōjichō, 29, Sakyou-ku, Kyoto, Japan, 606-8314

Serves meat, vegan options available. Asian fusion restaurant where the signature dish is Monpan, a flat bread filled with vegetables and tofu. Offers buddha bowls, stir fry, noodles, and pasta dishes which can all be vegan. Open Wed 9:00am-6:00pm, Thu-Sat 10:00am-10:00pm, Sun 10:00am-8:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Fusion, Honey, Non-veg

First Review by Cuthien

DenverTamara

Contributions +23

Vegetarian
08 Jun 2018

This place is amazing. - Edit

I am traveling with non-vegetarians and this place was a hit for everyone. 5 stars in my opinion. Cute little place, too. I sat on the swing chair while I ate. Highly recommend!

Pros: Owner speaks English well, Low price

Cons: Cash only

arielxuxu

Contributions +38

23 Apr 2018

This place is 5 star for me. - Edit

This place is 5 star for me. There are so many vegan options and food are simply amazing and affordable. The owners were super helpful to work with us. My number one place to go in Kyoto.

Tpatel

Contributions +17

Vegetarian
10 Apr 2018

Delicious! - Edit

Went there for lunch after walking part of philosophers path in Kyoto. The staff was very friendly and welcoming, and the food was amazing! We enjoyed our dinner here and they had a separate English menu and plenty of vegetarian/vegan options. Such a cozy place!!

Pros: vegetarian options, friendly staff, great food and good price

JasonBlaslov

Contributions +26

18 Feb 2018

Really cozy restaurant with nice veg options - Edit

A small cozy restaurant with an living room kind of atmosphere. It took us some time to decide, but the staff was really nice in explaining to us all the different things on the menu.
I ordered the Mongopan "pizza" as well as the fried noodles. Very filling and yummy 😋
The price was also very reasonable!

Pros: Yummy but still cheap, very friendly staff, good v

Cons: You'll know by some ingredients that lay around at

Cuthien

Contributions +35

15 Feb 2018

Amazing find. Very vegan friendly! - Edit

A great little gem. This place offers a wide range of vegan fusion dishes, all customisable. Upon entry they owners asked if we were vegetarian or vegans, and they understood perfectly what vegan meant and offered to make any dish vegan.

I had the monpan and my friend had the vegan Buddha bowl. Both were delicious and very filling!

The restaurant is very unique and homely, the owners extremely friendly, and the food was amazing!! It felt like going to a beloved grandma’s for dinner. They offer and English menu and one of the owners speaks English, so it’s very tourist friendly.

A wide range of drinks are also available, and the price is very reasonable! All in all I highly recommend this place.

Pros: Cheap, Good portion size, Mostly vegetarian & vegan

Return to Kyoto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Monpan Shokudo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.