Monorom Garden

Contact 012243402

La He Rd (at opposite Asia Hotel), Battambang, Cambodia,

Vegetarian food restaurant at the street corner and is easy to spot. Note that La He Road runs diagonally between National Highway 5 and Psah Nat Market. Big menu with Asian, Chinese, as well western dishes. Has air condition and Wi-Fi. In Jan 2016 re-branded as Monorom Garden; was formerly known as Te Kuch La.A and prior to that Mercy House. Mon-Sun 7:00am-7:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Western, Asian, Cambodian, Khmer

First Review by sanayha

seems closed for renovation (Dec 2015) - Edit

There were renovation works going on when I passed by a couple of weeks ago, and it was not open for business.

The other vegetarian place just across the road is still open (but as other reviewers have said, it usually runs out of food by the evening - better to get there in the morning, with the locals).

Every time in Battambang - Edit

This place is a reliable option for tasty vegetarian dishes. The food is good and reasonably priced. The rather strangely named snowshakes are well worth a try.

Pros: Good selection of mostly Chinese style vegetarian

Cons: Bathroom is a little grubby

Enjoyable local food - Edit

This restaurant serves local & western dishes, vegetarian. The food is quite enjoyable. The inner decoration can be seen as a bit gloomy. They have wonderful local bean desert (2$), which is quite special but I loved it.
Menu with photos so you can actually know what you order. The price is inexpensive for a rather good quality.

Pros: Quite cheap regarding the quality, Menu with photos, Local & western food

Cons: Bit gloomy

Tasty Cambodian and Khmer veggie food - Edit

I stayed at the Asia Hotel which is directly opposite this lovely restaurant - heaven !!!
The food gave me the opportunity to try the vegan versions of Cambodian and Khmer food. The food was very reasonably priced and delicious and in the evenings served with green tea. I was in Battambang for three nights and I ate every night at this restaurant. Although meats are on menu they are all mock meats made of soya and mushrooms.
This restaurant was opened from 8 am - 8 pm

Pros: delicious different food, reasonably priced, peaceful no music playing

Cons: staff only have very limited English, if vegan not good for breakfast

Amazing, affordable, vegan yumminess - Edit

Loved this place. We hadnt eaten all day and ended up ordering 6 vegan dishes for around $10. Many faux meats, vegies, tofu, and fresh juices. Loved all of it!

Pros: Around 160 vegan options

Cons: can be difficult to find

Lovely local place - Edit

Visited July 2012.
Great to have a decent vegetarian place like this in a convenient location! I would suggest staying at the Asia Hotel across the street for ease as both veggie places are right there. We weren't made aware of anywhere else to eat in town, so it's great for a 1 or 2 day stopover.

They don't speak much English here so lots of smiles and patience will serve you well, the owners were friendly and it was busy lunchtime with locals. The food was lovely and there were many options so you should fine something to suit! It was also very cheap so we bought about 4 dishes to try and share between us, and then made sure we left a tip too.

Pros: good selection, good location, very cheap

nice place to eat - Edit

Mercy house has a good selection if you are a vegan. Plus it has the bonus of being directly opposite the Asia Hotel, which is where we were staying.
There was a good selection of food and the staff were always friendly, though the dining room was a little bare, but large.
The food always came really quick, a bonus of you are really hungry. The cost was also pretty cheap. A main will only set you back around 6,000 to 8,000 Riel so there is no problem with over spending.
I would recommend this place for sure!

Pros: quick service, nice vegan selection, good location

Cons: not much atmosphere

Best in Battambang - Edit

Mercy House was an awesome place to eat! They had a decent sized menu and their portions were pretty good, though after some noodle dishes I still felt a bit hungry. The food was inexpensive, a main averages about 4000-5000 riels ($1-$1.25) but some are a tad more expensive. Drinks were about the same as meals (though they were huge!)
The atmosphere is nice, staff don't know much English but were friendly. No a/c but doesn't really need it.

Pros: Cheap, Tasty Food, Nice staff

Comfort restaurant - Edit

This restaurant is opposite Asia Hotel (not Asie Hotel) & it's at the corner. Nice, clean & comfortable. Price inexpensive.
In Battambang, I would recommend here.
In Phnom Penh, I would recommend "The Vegetarian" at #11, Street 200.

Interesting fake meat options - Edit

I found the menu, though translated into English, a bit hard to decipher. As a result, many dishes sounded exactly the same. I enjoyed the noodle soup with fake meat that I ended up eating, however, I would have preferred a dish with more veggies. My friend ordered the basil fried rice which was tasty too.

I would eat here again, I just wish I could have more info about the dishes before ordering.

Pros: Cheap, No fish sauce!

Cons: Not much English

minimalist - Edit

From what I saw it's diagonally opposite the "Asia Hotel" (not "Asie"?). Very minimalist decor and the friendly staff spoke very minimum English (I need to learn more Khmer!). An English menu is available, although without pictures and so I had trouble finding out exactly what some of the dishes contained. Quite good iced plum green tea. Spring rolls were rather over-fried, but the pickled vegetable accompaniment nicely took the edge off the greasiness. Standard quality noodles dishes for main course. Closes at 6:30pm (as does Battambang it seems).

The Star Hotel (cross the road from Mercy House and a bit down the block) was a nice and convenient place to stay.
:-)

My favorite restaurant in Battambang! - Edit

Excepting a few oddballs, the food and frozen concoctions here are DIVINE. There is this one special noodle dish with tons of faux meat that makes my mouth water as I write this. They also make this delectable strawberry "slushi" that is so creamy and milky, it's superior to ice cream. I ate here everyday that I was in Battambang. Portions are good. Prices extremely easy on the wallet.

Pros: Awesome food, Healthy, Great Value

Cons: No a/c (but I didn't need that)

Return to Battambang Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Monorom Garden closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1641 times since Aug 2007.