Monk's Cafe

• ( 4 reviews )

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe with vegan choices, such as a vegan burger, seitan cheesesteak, parsnip soup, and autumn squash pesto. Please note that menu varies by season. Open Wed-Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Western, Non-veg

First Review by lizardlucas

BradRainke

Points +285

29 Aug 2021

Good for a few vegan options.

Good drinks , good service. Great interior.

devonwithano

Points +2289

03 Jul 2021

One of my Favorites

While they don't have too many vegan options, whenever they have hummus on the menu I have to go here. I think they have the best hummus I've ever had in my life. That's been the highlight of every meal that I've ever had here. It's sad they sometimes it's not available on the menu!

Pros: Great service, Awesome food preparation

Cons: Crowded, Tiny, Lacks vegan options

StephanieBarnhart

Points +30

31 Mar 2019

Best vegan cheese steak in Philly.

Add broccoli rabe to the setian cheese steak and get the fries.

lizardlucas

Points +584

09 Jan 2019

Surprising amount of options

I came here with, and at the recommendation of, a bunch of omni friends, not really knowing what to expect, but their food is amazing! Not to mention the beer selection - awesome. Staff is knowledgeable, can sub things for you, and they also have some seasonal rotating options. Unfortunately I was here a few months ago (sorry, I don't usually let my backlog get this bad!) and don't remember what I got, but it was a seasonal option for fall and really good! I thought it was a bit pricey, but I could just be unused to the standards in the area.

Updated from previous review on 2019-01-09

Pros: Good selection, Great beer

Cons: Busy - hard to find a table

Return to Philadelphia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Monk's Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.