Monkey King Noodle Company - Food Stand

469-206-3658

3014 Main St, Dallas, Texas, USA, 75226

Serves meat, vegan options available. Food stand. Marks the veggie items. Staff know what vegan means. Open Mon-Thu 12:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-4:00pm.

Categories: Chinese, Fast food, Asian, Take-out only, Non-veg

First Review by veggie_htx

Not so great food. - Edit

I did not enjoy the food hear at all. The noodles were not very warm and the sauce tasted like chopped peanuts and chili, no complex flavor that asian food is famous for. The scallion pancake tasted like grease and appeared deep fried. The atmosphere on the outside dining area was nice but a sunshade would have been nice.

Pros: large portions, decent prices, free ice water

Cons: Food not very good

good drunk food - Edit

They have several vegan items to choose from. They were sold out of the Tim Tim sesame noodles - which made me want to try them even more. I had the peanut garlic noodles instead - pretty tasty - yet every bite was guilt ridden by the amount of oil. My bf enjoyed his too but also thinks it's a good place after a night of drinking. His beef noodle soup was really rich and oily too.

Update - came back for Tim Tim noodles - still just as rich and fast food-ish drunk food. I don't think I'll be back. Too much sauce again on the noodles. Not healthy vegan eating!

Pros: the noodles are thick and filling, fun area / deep ellum

Cons: not healthy, parking if busy , not that good

Many vegan options - Edit

This is now a restaurant in Deep Ellum with some indoor seating and a large outdoor patio.

It was unclear with the online menu what the (V) meant...vegetarian or vegan? This would matter because noodles could have eggs.

To my happiness it was vegan (as labelled on the menu at the restaurant), and the menu had more vegan items than listed online! I ordered the Tim Tim's sesame noodles. These were delicious and filling, but very heavy on the sauce (so I couldn't finish the whole thing). Half the sauce would be my preference. I think I would try something lighter next time like the slaw and edamame tofu dumplings.

Updated from previous review on 2016-10-25

Pros: Fast, Vegan options

Return to Dallas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Monkey King Noodle Company - Food Stand closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.