Mondo Arancina

Contact +39-697619213

Via Marcantonio Colonna, 38, Rome, Italy, 00192

Serves meat, vegan options available. A few outlets in the city offering traditional Sicilian street food. Has 2 kinds of vegan arancina (rice balls) plus vegetarian ones, pizza by the slice, bread. Soy nuggets and salad in the fridge case near the entrance.

Category: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by mc1481

Nice for snacks, small selection - Edit

If you are visiting the Vatican this place is a short walk from the Lepanto metro stop - so you could get off the metro, grab something takeaway here, and then walk to the Vatican. Perfect for waiting in potentially long lines.

The pizza was pretty tasty, the Arancini with soy ragu was not my favourite - I think the other Arancini with mixed veg might have been yummier. Arancini is quite heavy food so some people might love it, others it might not quite be their taste... Up to you.

In other respects we weren't so impressed - everything was okay (staff, decor, atmosphere, cleanliness) but don't go expecting an amazing dining experience! Strictly quick and easy food!

Pros: Quick and affordable, Snack food for the go, Good pizza

Cons: Small selection, Arancini didn't impress.

I was an arancina virgin... - Edit

Tried this place because of it's proximity to the Vatican and I definitely don't regret it. Arancina are lovely- crispy lovely fried coating, amazing rice and soya-ragu filling. I now need to try the vegetable one. It's also very filling and cheap at only 2.50 euros each.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. I can't really fault it.

Pros: Delicious vegan food, Very inexpensive, Helpful staff

Cons: None that they can help

Amazing vegan friendly Sicilian food in Rome! - Edit

Found out about this place thanks to an Italian vegan Facebook page.

They had two types of vegan arancini, one labeled Vegana that has soy ragu inside (delicious tomato sauce w/ soy protein), and they also let us know the mixed vegetable one was also vegan. Some of the pizza by the slice was already without cheese. I also noticed some soy nuggets and salads in the small refrigerator case near the entrance. But I was there for the rice balls, which were AMAZING, inexpensive and very filling! We also had a slice of pizza with the most amazing tomato sauce, peppers and eggplant. The flavors of the vegetables and sauce were incredible, rich and very fresh. This is probably the best food we had in Rome. I would absolutely make it a priority to eat there again if I am ever in Rome!

Return to Rome Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mondo Arancina closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 727 times since May 2015.