First Review by Pancakes

I travel 50 miles round trip to shop here! - Edit

I have been a loyal MOM's shopper for six years now - just can't say enough good things about this local chain! When I lived in Arlington VA, I shopped at their Alexandria store. Then when I moved to Middleburg VA, I started shopping at their Herndon location. They sell pretty much everything a vegan could possibly dream of - lots of locally prepared vegan meals; major vegan brands like Beyond Meat, Gardein, Yves, Tofurky, and Follow Your Heart; several brands of vegan baked goods; vegan vitamins and supplements; vegan wine; and tons of fresh organic produce and other ingredients. Oh, and they donated to my local food bank last year as part of a Vegan Food Stamp Challenge program. I only wish they had a better system for ordering and selling items by the case.

Pros: Best selection of vegan prepared foods, Best selection of vegan bakery goods, Outstanding organic produce selection

Cons: Hard to order items by the case

Best Grocery Store Hands Down - Edit

I love this grocery store. All of their produce is always fresh and of excellent quality. If I buy the same veggies from the Whole Foods they seem to go bad in half the time! I can always find parking within 40 feet of the front door and they always offer to help carry your groceries to your car. Almost all of their employees know me by name as well! I only wish that they could take over some of the adjoining stores and expand. I'm very jealous of the size of the new Merrifield location.

Pros: Freshness and quality of produce, Produce prices

Cons: Limited space

fantastic grocer - Edit

We had been to Mom's in Frederick MD and loved it, but it was about an hour's drive for us. We were thrilled when the Herndon VA store opened, and now we only shop there. This store is fantastic! Finally a one-stop shopping experience - all our specialty vegan items as well as an excellent produce section - and all organic. I LOVE this place!

The staff are friendly and knowledgeable, and if they don't have something, just ask. They will order it.

Thank you Mom's for coming to Virginia!!

Pros: all organic, friendly staff, great selection

A welcome addition - Edit

MOMs has expanded their locations to include this store in Herndon location. They have an excellent selection of fresh organic produce, vegan-friendly cleaning products, and vegan ingredients.

Pros: Organic, good prices, close

Return to Herndon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mom's Organic Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1688 times since Dec 2011.