CLOSED: Momo and Co

Contact 505-983-8000

229A Johnson St, Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA, 87501

Bakery and boba tea bar established since Nov 2012. Serves all gluten-free baked goods and sweets, vegan waffles, lunch grilled cheese sandwiches (dairy). Has kids play area and free Wi-Fi. APR 2014 THIS LOCATION SHUT PER ITS WEBPAGE.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by enimian1982

Contributions +501

Best Waffles We've Ever Had! - Edit

We stopped at Momo & Co for breakfast while visiting Santa Fe and were surprised at how delicious the waffles were. One of us got the Brass Monkey waffles and the other got plain. They smelled so good while they were making them that we knew we were in for a real treat! They were definitely the best waffles we've ever had. They also have some really delicious vegan desserts. We got a few cupcakes for later that day and really enjoyed them. A really laid back, colorful place with super nice staff, as well.

Pros: Delicious Food, Great atmosphere, Extremely nice staff

Cons: Hard to find parking

Great food - Edit

The food is very good - all organic and local too which is a plus. I ordered the lunch burrito (gf and vegan) with chili on the side and it came with a nice fresh salad. I also tasted the veggie burger and I will definitely be getting that next time. It is a bit different than tradition veggie patties though. I would recommend any vegans and vegetarians to visit this little friendly cafe. (It's inside the mall by the way). Lots of clearly marked vegan and gluten free options. Fantastic!

Pros: Good food, Friendly staff , Healthy

Cons: A bit pricey (but it's all organic). , That's it!

Hidden Gem for Vegans - Edit

Ok, so I have to say I hesitated on having high hopes for this bakery cafe. It's a little shop, very cutesy quirky appearance and the name... the info signifying gluten free with bubble tea. What a mix - are they focused on good food or just having a random assortment of things that are vegan and gluten free?

Oh wow, was I so glad I was wrong. This place is amazing. If I could transplant them to my city, I would grow corpulently round, but happier only while consuming their amazing gluten free items.

The dish: savory food is organic, flavorful and veggie-focused. The waffles- oh wow, the waffles. They were the best gluten-free vegan waffles, if not best vegan waffles ever. The mix of grains was just right so the waffles were moist and flavorful. Worth it!! The bubble tea was awesome for an American establishment. Often, bubble tea can only be found in Asian eateries, so I was a bit skeptical - but here, it was divine.

Ok, then there were the cupcakes. Wow. I couldn't have been more pleased. The flavor combinations were incredible and multi-faceted. Sure, there was the traditional ones (choc with vanilla), but then there were the combinations like peanut butter, "fluff" and chocolate that were extraordinary. I am just sorry I was on vacation and couldn't eat MORE!

I can usually tell when things are gluten free, because they are heavier and/or pasty. On top of that, vegan items that are gluten free have a really hard challenge. This place is the BEST vegan gluten-free bakery I have ever been to, and I would return to Santa Fe just to go here. Seriously, 5 cows for the incredible feat of vegan gluten-free baking that they have accomplished - GO! You will only be disappointed at how you can't eat more than your stomach can hold!

Oh, and everyone here is really nice, there's a nice sitting area outside/ porch, plenty of space inside - parking is tough, though. Cash or credit - I vote for credit so I could get more!

Pros: Vegan gluten free that tastes normal, Cupcake selection amazing, Vegan GF bubble tea and waffles

Cons: Too many choices, Can run out of savory items, Not open weekday evenings

Momo and Co hits a home run - Edit

First time at Momo and boy are we glad we went. Small cafe style. Simple arrangement with friendly people. The food was outstanding. My wife and I split 2 dishes. One was a burrito whose wrap was collard green leaves and it was awesome. The second was a portabello and mozzarella grilled cheese on non gluten based bread. Each dish was done to simple and tasted wonderful. We had Boba teas to drink which had large pearl tapioca giving it a fun time in your mouth. Finally, for dessert we split a chocolate ganache, which was a raw chocolate pie with no white flour or sugar. Sweetended with maple and a little agave, thickened with avacado and the crust was crushed nuts, it was unbelievable. Not short on calories but for a diabetic like me very low glycemic index. I give this place 5 cows and can't wait to go back and better yet can't wait for the cookbook.

Pros: Outstanding food, Relatively inexpensive, Friendly people

my new favorite place in town!!!! - Edit

there is not words when it comes to good flavor food!!! from their cupcakes to the boba teas and specialty the food!!!.I highly recommend their veggie burger or the torta yucateca ass a plate to order when you visit, and from the rest of the menu anything else is great ,the cacique sandwich!! pizzas and their soup mostly of the time they are vegan and super good!!one more thing the most important thing >> everthing is home made and gluten free, from their bread to the desserts; try it and do not forget to share your experience w the rest of us!!!i highly recommended it!!!

Pros: great place, lovely food, wonderfull cupcakes

Return to Santa Fe Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Momo and Co closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1823 times since Nov 2012.