Mollie Stone's

• Health-food-store Health Store
650-323-8361

164 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California, USA, 94306

Grocery market with locations in the San Francisco Bay area. Not vegetarian but has some vegetarian friendly food and natural products. Open daily until 9pm.

First Review by vegan_mum

Don't waste your time - Edit

The choices for veg*n choices are no better than your basic grocery store. I wouldn't waste the time to go here as they are overpriced and have few if any veg*n items for you. Go to Country Sun a few blocks away, still $$$ but much more choice.

Cons: $$$$, Limited choices

questionably hygenic but has a wide selection - Edit

I live a few blocks from Mollie Stone's but never shop there, opting to walk four more blocks to Country Sun instead. Whenever I walk into Mollie Stone's, I'm greeted by the smell of urine. Yes, it's urine, not fish. Where it's coming from is anyone's guess. Needless to say this is not a good first impression. Last time I had to buy something there (due to its unavailability at Country Sun), I was shocked and horrified to watch my naked produce (I opted to skip bags, as I didn't have that much stuff) dragged through a wet spot that the cashier had just created by dragging the previous customer's dripping chicken package across the bar code reader. As I tried to figure out what to do, the cashier proceeded to charge me $15/lb. for a peach, having punched in the code for honeycomb (yes, as in bees) instead. Aghast, I corrected her, took my stuff, and left. That night I cooked the heck out of those peppers and cilantro and vowed not to return under normal circumstances.

Pros: wide selection, organic produce

Cons: unhygenic

Return to Palo Alto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mollie Stone's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.