Mokocho Cuisine

n/a

Block D, Waterfront (at opposite Castries Carpark), Castries City, Saint Lucia

Serves mostly Ital vegan food and juices to the local population in a self-built small wooden restaurant near the Castries fruit and vegetable market. It is in the 2nd row of little shops across the road from Castries Carpark. Limited seating. Get there before 8am for breakfast as it sells out quickly to local workers. Get there before 2pm to get some choices for lunch. Keeps serving drinks and snacks even when all the main food has sold out. Open Mon-Sun 7:30am-4:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Juice bar, Take-out, Caribbean

First Review by Laura Grainger

Good food, good vibes - Edit

I found Mokocho from Happy Cow. I really enjoyed my veggie platter. The people inside were also really nice and helpful.

I also got a veggie wrap and burger to go, as the next day was a holiday and I wasn't sure if I'd find veggie food. They were both delicious.

I recommend coming here if you're in Castries City.

not to be missed! - Edit

Mokocho is a lovely local man and a good cook to boot !
We first arrived towards the end of lunch and were fed so much good food -including juices and dessert- that we just sat around digesting and taking part in the constant banter between mokocho and the steady stream if locals who have been coming to him for healthy food and tasty tonic drinks for many years.

If you're veggie, this place is not to be missed...not that there's a lot of competition! But it made return customers of us.

Pros: friendly, affordable, a lot of tasty options

Cons: uses a lot of styrofoam, cramped seating when busy

Return to Castries City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mokocho Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.