Mohini

• ( 7 reviews )

Weinbergstrasse 15, Zurich, Switzerland, 8001

Serves one meal each day which consists of several items and a dessert; all organic and vegetarian (uses paneer). Seasonal and regional ingredients. Offers cooking classes as well. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-3:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Organic, Catering, Ayurvedic

First Review by KoKoKim2205

XininDhamma

Points +217

14 Dec 2020

Not to miss if you are a serious Vegan dedicated to conscious eating and health

This is not only a restaurant that offers exclusively vegan and vegetarian food, but it is also a place where many other elements closely related to veganism shine.

First, all of the produce are fresh, local and organic. The cooking team obtains the ingredients needed for each day in the morning from a farm and cooks them for lunch. No vegetable there is more than a few hours old. They are, of course, all freshly cooked.

Second, you don’t have a menu to choose a large variety of food. Rather you renounce your expectations and dominance and instead you embrace the experience and love of the cooking team: every day only one meal is available and it has both vegan and vegetarian versions. This might not vibe very well with the modern conditioning we have which is to eat, to consume and to choose from a fabulous menu with numerous dishes when going to a restaurant. But their method is so environmentally friendly and practically efficient. The team focuses on one meal per day to which they could put their concentration and energy without any stress. They don’t need to prepare anything in advance or waste anything. In a way that’s how we have eaten at home for centuries. Trust me, just surrender yourself and you will be surprised by what they offer!

Third, they cook according to Ayurveda, an ancient Indian medical system that helps one to find a balanced and healthy diet. My girlfriend became a vegetarian because of Ayurveda ten years ago, and it has saved her life.

Fourth, they only offer lunch on weekdays, so all of the staff are well rested for their work. (There is one evening per month when a more complicated meal is offered with different courses.)

Last but not least, the food is simply delicious! You will enjoy the taste as you eat, and enjoy the lightness in your body and mind after your meal.

If any of these ideas resonates with you, then give this restaurant a try!! You will like it!

Pros: Reasonably priced , Local and fresh , Organic

crie

Points +66

12 Jun 2018

ayuverdic concept thought trough

the choice of dishes is limited, but every dish and combination is thought trough from an ayuverdic point of view. uses ingredients of highest quality. host has an immense knowledge about food and ayurveda.

vegantonio

Points +221

09 Feb 2018

Good place to eat but it could be better

We went last year for dinner with high expectations and we were a bit disappointed. In Zürich is really High or Low. You have few very good Restaurants, nothing in the middle ... and a lot of disappointing places. Actually Mohini had few good things and the place is nice ... but you miss the personal touch and consideration. If you happen to be vegan you should remind your host that (happen to me few times during dinner that they did not marked me as vegan). This is annoying me ...
Worth maybe a second try but not my first choice in Zürich. Personally I prefere 1 Marktküche then twice disappointment. It can be improved ...

Pros: vegan options, central place

Cons: expensive for the offer

wissu

Points +13

Vegetarian
28 May 2016

Delicious!

Valentin cooked a organic, locally sourced, seasonal and vegetarian lunch for our party of 17 - perfect!

SueClesh

Points +2983

26 Mar 2015

Biosumo nights

once a month, Biosumo - a vegan caterer, organizes a dinner in Mohini. There's a set menu which costs 49 franks and consists of soup, salad, main course and dessert. When we visited they served Spring soup with millet and buckwheat pancake strips (quite nice, but nothing spectacular), Baby spinach salad with sesame sauce (delicious!), Sushi Rock n‘ Roll & Boutique Nigiri (not a big fan of sushi myself, but it was good for what it was.. :-)) and Matcha Raw Gâteau for dessert, which almost no one could finish, because we were so full.. :-) the place itself is cozy, the service is nice and price is ok for Zurich. I haven't been there during the day for lunch, but i would definetely recommend the monthly vegan dinner.

jonathancross

Points +50

22 Apr 2013

Good food, nice atmosphere

Had a few very nice lunches here.
Very similar to what you find in Krishna temple.

Pros: all vegetarian, cardamom espresso, nice atmosphere

Cons: not vegan

KoKoKim2205

Points +42

Vegetarian
17 Aug 2012

Charming and Friendly

I stumbled upon Mohini on my walk around Zurich and was notified that they are a lunch-time establishment, so I planned them in to the following day's agenda. I am so glad I did as the folks there were extremely friendly and spoke English very well. The food was fantastic and reasonably priced- especially considering the high cost of everything else in Zurich. I would definitely go back!

Pros: Friendly, Tasty, Healthy

Cons: Only lunch!

Return to Zurich Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mohini closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.