Moccaklatsch

Contact +49-5217709431

Arndtstr 11, Bielefeld, Germany, 33602

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small cafe offering a handful of vegan specific dishes on its menu card which includes vegan breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and desserts. On the menu - V indicates vegetarian, and V with leaf indicates vegan options. Discount after 6pm as part of 'Thursday is veggie day' campaign, reported Sep 2014. Has soymilk. Open Mon-Sat 9:30am-10:00pm, Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Beer/Wine, European, Non-veg

First Review by AlexanderRingbeck

I got served meat an I'm vegan! - Edit

I went to Moccaklatsch on my birthday. I ordered vegan burger, my husband ordered Moccaklatsch burger (burger with meat) .
The waitress double checked the plates, but unfortunately gave me the meat burger, even though she knew I ordered the vegan burger. I ate one bite of meat (!) , before I've noticed that it was meat. This was the worst B-day ever!
I was in Moccaklatsch before. The portion size and the quality of the food is not that good as it used to be. And now that I even cannot be sure if the food that I'm getting is vegan, I will never be visiting the place.

Must-Go - Edit

The Moccaklatsch is just around the corner from where I live, so it's starting to become a second home.
Their vegan burger is a-ma-zing, as well as the dips for their appetizers (plus I was told ALL dips were vegan, make sure to verify if this is true though!)

On Sundays they do a vegan/vegetarian breakfast & brunch buffet, which is not the cheapest (I wanna say around 13€? Drinks not included), but it's definitely worth it. They have tofu scramble, an assortment of dips and sandwich spreads, aswell as cereal and a selection of milks (dairy-free included, though soy-only I think).

Pros: Delicious food, friendly staff, big portions, great atmosphere

Cons: Not the cheapest, serve meat as well

I would go back - Edit

The Moccaklatsch has acceptable prices and a cosy atmosphere. I had a drink and the daily vegan dish for around 10€. The dish was composed of a small salad, olive bread and a spinach chick-pea stew.

Cons: Not everything is organic., Not completely vegan

nice place to hang out - Edit

This a very cozy place with a couple of vegan items on the menu card. They also serve soy milk if you wanna enjoy your latte or chai the vegan way. The food is down-to-earth, nothing really special but still tasty and saturating. From time to time the staff is a bit hectic, but nothing to really worry about. Recommendable!

Best vegan options in Bielefeld - Edit

The Moccaklatsch is THE place to eat for vegan people in Bielefeld. Every dip is based on a vegan mayonnaise, they serve a great vegan burger, a variety of vegan tapas, lentil curry, dumplings, vegan cakes, coctails and all kinds of coffee-drinks with soy milk (by the way the best coffee in town).

Everything is homemade and they have a changing menu of the day, even with different vegan desserts. All this in a really great atmosphere in the center of Bielefeld.

Big groups should reserve a table.

Pros: Wide vegan choice, Very high quality, Great atmosphere

Cons: Not the cheapest place, Not fully vegetarian, serves meat

Return to Bielefeld Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Moccaklatsch closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 979 times since Nov 2013.