MJ Star Grill

609-714-8868

13 Jackson Rd, Medford, New Jersey, USA, 08055

Serves meat, vegan options available. Current ownership since 2016, previously Hip Town Grill and JB Master Grill. Offers a large vegan menu. Vegan dishes are cooked and prepared on a separate fryer, grill, and counter. Open Tue-Thu 11:30am-8:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Delivery, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by cookiem

A small place that is very nice! - Edit

They greet you as you walk in and bring you out place settings and silverware. The front half of the menu is meat options and sides, the back half was all vegan

Pros: Half a menu devoted to vegan options. , Plus a sign on the door let's you know you fou

Cons: The place is very small., The food was a little pricey.

Love this place!!! - Edit

I was here when it first changed owners and names about two years ago and loved it. This is my first time back and the area and the excellent food and service has held up! The owners are very devoted to keeping the costumers happy and to providing a delicious vegan-friendly menu. The food is still as wonderful as I remember, and I was able to feed the child I nanny his regular food choices too.

Pros: friendly staff, vegan menu

Awesome - Edit

I was in here about a week ago. I went with three friends and we all got different things. I have to say, everything was amazing. I got the vegan cheesesteak and it was one of the best sandwiches I ever had. A woman brought us out homemade chips and informed us that they were fried separately from non vegan ingredients. The owner also came out to tak to us and he was so personable. For someone who isn't a vegan, he makes awesome vegan food. If I'm ever back in that town it'll definitely be a stop I have to make! Check this place out!

Quality food, Authentic People - Edit

The food was very very good, both vegan and non-vegetarian. Gardein products, tapioca cheese, and about 1/2 of the sides they offer are vegan. The employees are personable, enjoyable, and make a keen effort to remember their customers name's. The restaurant is clean and appeared to be well organized. Every feature of this restaurant is fantastic.

Pros: Food Quality, Delivery, Employees

Cons: Delivery Range

Nicest owners, awesome food - Edit

This place has a menu half dedicated to vegan food and prepares everything separately. The owners are incredibly sweet and accommodating. It's s must visit if you're in Medford!

Great Vegan Food - Edit

My husband and I just drove 30 minutes to try a vegan cheesesteak. We are both vegans and don't mind a "road trip" for good vegan food. We were not disappointed, everything was delicious! The owners are so nice , make sure you ask for extra sauce because it really tops off the sandwich. It is homemade and VEGAN!!!

Pros: Vegan, Delicious, Clean restaurant and great service

Cons: NONE

Great For Meals With Omni Relatives! - Edit

We discovered JB Master Grill by searching the local area for vegan-friendly establishments, which is usually a tall order. We were planning a Holiday get-together with family members who are not vegan, and wanted to find a restaurant where we would all be happy. JB Master Grill fit that bill perfectly.

JB Master Grill is two half-restaurants becoming a whole. A traditional menu of cheese steaks, burgers and hot sandwiches is paired with a vegan menu containing the same items, both prepared in separate kitchens.

The owners are gracious and attentive hosts, going out of their way to make us all happy. The tapioca-based cheeses they serve with their vegan items are tasty and melt over the sandwiches and fries with gooey greatness. The pricing of the dishes is very reasonable.

Overall, we highly recommend JB Master Grill for its tasty food and friendly hosts.

Amazing Vegetarian and Vegan Food in South Jersey - Edit

Finding vegetarian friendly places in South Jersey usually involves locating which chain restaurant serves a "veggie" burger or a chicken-free salad. Steve and his family at JB are an absolutely amazing find. They have plenty of great food for meat lovers, but their accommodations for vegan and vegetarian diners are unmatched. On top of that, you can grab a bottle of wine or a few cold ones at the friendly store withing walking distance and enjoy it inside or on their outside seating area. Many of their foods are made in house, and everything they serve is happily made to order. I can't say enough good things about such a wonderful place. If you're looking for a super swanky, upscale place in Medford, or Voorhees, or Center City, you won't find it here. But, you won't find any of the pretentiousness that often comes with those kind of places, and that's what we loved. We'll be back soon and often. I posted this review over on Yelp, but let me assure you, this is a great option for vegetarians anywhere in South Jersey. I had the fantastic spicy buffalo vegan chicken cheese steak, and it was delicious. Steve and his family are wonderfully accommodating and I hope that they remain in the area for many years to come.

Pros: Exceptionally friendly staff, Every dish made to order, BYOB with liquor store next door

Cons: outdoor seating is parking lot side

Great Food and a friendly Atmosphere - Edit

We were surprised to find this little gem of a restaurant. Family and operated creates a quaint friendly atmosphere. There menu consists of American BBQ for Omnivores and Herbivores alike. I pleasantly surprised to such large Vegan menu in a small family place. There vegan menu was actually larger than at some vegan only places I have been to in the past. If you are in the Medford,NJ area I highly recommend stopping and giving them a chance.

Pros: atmosphere, menu, great food

Cons: too far from my house

Great find with incredibly accommodating folks - Edit

Who knew there would be this little treasure chest if fake meat vegan sandwiches? I think the owners are still trying to figure it out, but they are definitely open to changing up their menu and making whatever you are creative enough to ask to eat!

The vegan menu is all vegan, but many sides are also vegan like the quinoa, string beans, all the soups, fries, tabouli and bean salad. On the vegan menu, the chik'n is probably Gardein, then they have mock crab cakes, a burger, and fake cheese. It's pretty extensive in terms of how they will make it- wrap, quesadilla, ciabatta sandwich or salad, to name a few. If you would like more veggies just ask for it- even if it's a dish totally different than what's listed! I don't really like fake cheese, but I do love chik'n and boy is it done right here! Buffalo spicy??? Yummm!!!! Salads have beautiful mesclun!!

The food is prepared as you order it, so it's freshly made. That allows them flexibility in the items in the order! The soups are from scratch and delish.

They are genuinely nice and caring people who are more than happy to make whatever you want if they have it. It's like having way more than a couple dozen choices!

I give them 4 cows not because their food is stellar, but it's because of the service and willingness to make fresh food to suit your taste buds and predilections!

Pros: Service, Vegan menu, Accommodating as can be

Cons: Not super creative , No raw dishes, American style only

Return to Medford Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has MJ Star Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.