Mituo Vegetarian Restaurant

Food is mostly vegan. Directions: Located on the commercial and hospital side of the Seri Complex. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Chinese

First Review by Audrey2122

Very tasty! - Edit

I was surprised to find vegan food in a country as small in Brunei, but I was happily surprised with this one. It's a bit of a walk from the centre, but I'd say it's worth it.

Loved the bapao (steamed bread buns) with mushroom inside. I also enjoyed my dinner of rice with vegan 'butter chicken' with cereal. Odd combination I saw more often in Asia, tastes really amazing. Price was quite low for local standards.

Updated from previous review on 2018-03-08

Pros: Tasty food, Not expensive

Cons: Bit far out of the centre, Not very scenic sitting, Didn't have everything on menu

Tasty Vegan Food - Edit

Everything we ordered was delicious from the satay to a spinach dish with mock meat bits, it was all tasty. There is a fair bit of mock meats, but nothing was oily . . . again, everything was full of flavor and good portion sizes – they had no problem packing up our leftovers.

Mituo Vegetarian is frequented by locals from the area, has a Buddha on the wall next to photos of the sultan and his wife. The place was tidy and staff was friendly and attentive.

The directions should be updated a bit. Mitu is not on the hospital side of the Seri Complex. It's in the complex behind the Hotel Badi'ah, across from the Golden Leaf Coffeehouse.

Updated from previous review on Monday May 16, 2016

Updated from previous review on Monday May 16, 2016

Pros: Yummy, tasty vegan food, vegan versions of S.E. Asian dishes, the mock meats were good.

Cons: If you miss the entrance to the complex, you have to drive a mile to get back.

Lovely traditional restaurant - Edit

If I had to describe Mituo in one word, it would be sincerity. The owners of mituo are all philanthropists and wonderful people. We enjoy the atmosphere of the restaurant where all the uncles and aunties know each other and are nice to each other. Often bickering to pay each others bills!

I always eat their nasi lemak and carrot cake. My mother buys their cheung fan regularly.

Pros: Warm people, traditional, clean toilets

Cons: a bit old

Return to Bandar Seri Begawan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mituo Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2023 times.