Mitton Hall Hotel

( 1 review )
+44-1254826544

Mitton Rd, Whalley, England, BB7 9PQ

Serves meat, vegan options available. Hotel offering also a vegan bar & tapas menu, with items like tempura vegetable with chilli sauce, tofu pangyang in sweet & sour, Chinese pancakes, roast red pepper & houmous on charred bread, red onion & truffle fries, tofu tonkatsu in panko breadcrumb. A la carte menu includes soup of the day, blood orange and fennel salad, heritage tomato salad with balsamic and basil, spinach and lentil wellington, thai vegetable broth with sweet potato and coriander, pan seared tofu with gremolata crust, sticky toffee pudding, summer fruit tart with sorbet, apple tarte tatin with champagne sorbet.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, International, Asian, British, Fusion, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Veganolive1

Vegan Menu But Prices Keep Creeping Up - Edit

Mitton Hall is a fabulous venue, ideal for weddings with outdoor gardens and a terrace to the rear overlooking the river. Vegan menus were introduced earlier this year.

I was gutted the menus were heavily soya based and with the Wellington containing lentils, my allergies were a right pain on this occasion. However chef suggested a Moroccan spiced chickpea and pepper Wellington, with spiced tomato and saffron sauce and coriander relish instead.

There are several vegan wines on the list which I recognised, as I had researched the wine list beforehand but sure if I dug deeper there would be loads more, shame they are not labelled.

I had the blood orange and fennel salad with a tapioca crisp, a lovely light, refreshing dish. My main course was equally well presented and really delicious and the coriander relish was fabulous, but there were no potatoes or vegetables. I wished I had said something as on checking the vegan menu, on returning home, the dish should have had new season potatoes and spring greens.

I was impressed with the vegan menu overall and the Manager said their chefs were happy to amend dishes or offer alternatives, to suit people with allergies like me.

Following visits however have not been so great and a menu change has brought price increases, so main courses are £17 - £17.50 which are basically dishes off the A La Carte without the more expensive meat & cheese but yet the vegan dish is only 50p cheaper.

A lunch visit was quite poor too, I ordered red pepper, houmous, charred ciabatta bread, truffle fries and olives. The dish came without the fries, so I had to ask for them I only realised when I got home they did not serve the olives and there was inedible dry hard flatbread not ciabatta, all for the price of £9.50. I complained and got a reduction off the bill.

The food is inconsistent and I although I don't mind paying for a great meal in a fine dining restaurant, this is not that kind of place. Would I revisit, sadly I'm not sure I will.

Updated from previous review on 2017-11-28

Pros: Vegan Menu, Great dessert options, Vegan wines on the list if you know what they are

Cons: Vegan wines are not labelled, Expensive

Return to Whalley Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mitton Hall Hotel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.