Mitran Da Dhaba

Contact 08-82977979

287 E Anzac Highway, Plympton, Adelaide, South Australia, 5038

Serves meat, vegan options available. Formerly vegetarian but added meat to its menu in 2015. Small restaurant serves Indian cuisine. Menu items include entrees, quick meals, mains, rice, naan & rota, accompaniments, drinks, shakes, and desserts. Plays Indian movies on the TV. Mon-Tue 5:00pm-12:00am, Thu-Sat 5:00pm-12:00am, Sun 11:00am-2:00am, Sun 5:00pm-2:00am

Category: Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by RachelSag

Disappointed - Edit

This place apparently used to be vegetarian with vegan options. Not anymore. I tried my best to choose options from the menu that were vegan friendly, but the staff member that I was speaking to had no idea what that meant as her English was not very good. It's not a great place to dine in and caters more to take away. such a pity they are not exclusively vegetarian anymore. What is did eat was tasty, but I won't return as I can't be sure that what I had was vegan.

Pros: Cheap

Cons: Staff don't understand vegan requirements

Reasonable veggie takeaway - Edit

Although there is an eat-in facility I think this place functions more as a takeaway. It is not too expensive and the food is OK. Not a lot of options for vegans (I think a previous reviewer noted the veggie food was heavy on the ghee) but what there was available was nice. The only veggie place I know of around this part of Adelaide as well.

Pros: Tasty, Inexpensive, Attentive staff

Cons: Limited vegan options, Not much atmosphere

Reasonable - Edit

This restaurant opened up mid 2012 and we ate here a couple of months after it opened. We ate there as a group of four and the food was reasonable but none of us walked away feeling very healthy. Their dishes used a lot of ghee and were very heavy on the stomach. It is ok but all of us agreed it wasn't the best and was more like takeaway food.
Well priced.

Pros: Reasonably priced

Cons: Not very healthy

Yummy Indian Food? - look no further. - Edit

If you want a vegetarian Indian meal, this is a good place to go. Staff are friendly and attentive, decor is simple but adequate and they have high chairs for kids. Price is very reasonable. Our bill came to less than 45 dollars and for that we got: papadums, chutney, rice, garlic naan, salad, a large mixed entree (2 samosas, 2 baagi, 2 pakoras with mint yogurt sauce), a dahl makani and a malai kofta and 2 deserts (gulab jamun and kulfi - which was served with icecream). We were heading for a night out with Miss 20 months in tow and planning to go to the city to Meesu but spotted this new place on our way up the highway and did a u-turn. Hadn't seen a vego indian place since we lived in London!! An excellent find which we will tell everyone we know about vego or not. They do have several vegan options but are lacto- vego mostly.

Pros: excellent food, great value, friendly staff

Cons: a little slow (hard with kids)

Return to Adelaide Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mitran Da Dhaba closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3776 times since Jul 2012.