Miss Saigon

Av. Boa Esperança, 4C, Lisbon, Portugal

Restaurant, gallery, and shop, fully vegan since Jul 2016. Uses spices and aromatic herbs to create its extensive menu of dishes from different countries. Beverages include smoothies and organic tea. Limited seating so better reserve ahead. Open Mon-Fri 12:00pm-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan, International, Organic, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by KelseyD

best Vegan restaurant in Lisbon - Edit

This place is amazing I recommend booking a reservation since it's only open from 12 to 4 pm but it is 1000% worth it, best food experience in my entire trip to Lisbon and it is ultra healthy and chic. Loved Miss Saigon.

Absolutely delicious - Edit

Went here for a weekday lunch and am really glad I booked! Had a freshly squeezed orange juice and the taster platter of soy meatballs with batatas bravas, tofu moqueca and beans and vegan sausage with rosemary, served with rice and a salad. All of the food was extremely tasty, so I decided I'd better have a dessert, too. The lemon posset with biscuit, blueberries and raspberries was super citrus-y and absolutely divine. Loved it and would definitely love to go back.

Pros: Delicious, Delicious, Delicious

Cons: Need to reserve, Small space, But expensive

amazing! - Edit

Food is delicious ❤️

Pros: different menus every day

Cons: really small

Really good quality food - Edit

I really enjoyed my experience in this restaurant. It is located not right in the center of the city, but in a lovely place close to the Expo area.
The meal is beautifully displayed and you can sense every bit of taste in each bite.
I would definitely recommend this place and will definitely come back to try some of the other dishes.

Pros: Location, Quality of ingredients

Great meal - Edit

I had a hard time finding the restaurant in the Parque das Nações, and by the time we arrived a couple of minutes after the opening at noon, there was only one table left. So, make sure you reserve.

We both took the meal that included the three daily dishes and everything was excellent. I absolutely loved the little bun stuffed with spinach and potatoes.

I also had a scone to go and it was delish.

My mom, who is not veg, kept on raving about the food, even two weeks later.

Pros: Fresh food, Nice vibe, Friendly staff

Cons: Reservations recommended

amazing! - Edit

Deliscious food and staff!!

Superb! - Edit

I often go to miss saigon. Food is always the best there!! If you are in lisbon this restaurante is a must go.

Pros: Recipes from all over the world (addapted to vegan, 1 different recipe every day

Cons: Closed for dinner

Ho Chi Minh City - Edit

I wonder how many people in this vast city are vegan. Miss Saigon went completely vegan in the summer of 2016. After 6 visits to Lisbon since 2010 we've always clashed with Miss Saigon's 2 week summer holidays in late August / early September. This amateur mistake will never be made again. Set in a beautiful modern building at the Parque das Nações by the river the location is quite stunning. Best way to get there from the city is probably Metro to Orient or Moscavide then walk. The menu changes daily. For €8.90 you can try all three dishes with salad. Today it was a seitan and mushroom stroganoff, sautéed tofu with lemongrass and Grechsnki soybean with buckwheat. They were all brilliant. The pumpkin soup to start destroyed any pumpkin soup I've ever had in the past. A glass of beautifully presented white wine and a bottle of sparkling water also accompanied the soups and main courses. For two people the bill came to a quite glorious €33. Try and do that in London in an exclusive vegetarian establishment. Let me know if you succeed!! By the way, we have an instant 5 Happy Cow rated establishing here. I love it when this happens.

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-12

Pros: food, setting , interior

Cons: little far out of town

Best veg restaurant anywhere - Edit

Sure it's out of the way, but I planned a whole day around arriving there for lunch.
Take the Metro to Oriente, take the sky lift to the Oceanario... There are 3 set choices each day, and I was lucky to be there when all 3 were vegan. you can order a Combo plate that gives you a little of each. They try to make a veg. version of famous international dishes. Success! Whatever it was, it was tasty and creative. Service was friendly and fast. They had some sugar-free cookies, so I got some to go. I wish I could go back and try more of their dishes.

Pros: Delicious and inventive, International menu, many vegan items

One of the best ever! - Edit

One of the best vegan meals I had in a while. They are not strict vegan, but just mention you're vegan and go for the mix 3 dishes. I would also go for the mix deserts. They have amazing vegan deserts and you should try them all!

Amazing Food - Edit

This is probably up there on my list of favourite veggie restaurants of all time. The food was incredible and I love their extensive menu, even if there are only three dishes a day. The menu alternates between having two vegan options, one vegetarian or all three vegan. Unfortunately, I came on a day when one of the dishes was vegetarian so I couldn't have all three, which is a popular thing to do here, but I did like the dish I ordered and the dessert was amazing too.

The only thing I'd suggest is make your whole menu vegan guys! Your vegan food was amazing and you really don't need to have non-vegan options to compete.

Edit: I'd also recommend checking the website to see what the menu is for the day you're thinking about going to check if all the options are vegan and if you'll like everything.

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff

Cons: far away from central lisbon

mmmmmmm - Edit

Realllly delicious & also healthy. I think meat eaters could be very happy to eat here as well. The service was great. Top marks!

BEST VEGGIE RESTAURANT IN LISBON - Edit

This is by far the best place to eat vegetarian/ vegan food in Lisbon! I'ts AMAZING!

I went there last year, on Valentine's day and it was a wonderful experience. The food is truly exquisite! I believe that what makes this place stand out is indeed the quality of the food, its presentation as well and the fact that they offer us typical meals from several countries, so the variety is superb!

We tried a combination of three plates, the ones that were suggested on that day. Because they all seemed so good, we tried all three and OMG, they were so good! So simple and yet elaborated....gourmet style!

It's a bit pricey for me, but totally worth it! I wish I could visit more often, but as I said, it is a little expensive. Still, I think tourists will find it normal/ moderate and totally worth the price. And we mustn’t forget that it is located in Parque das Nações, a more expensive area, so it's understandable! And after lunch ( it only serves lunches) there's a lot to visit in Parque das Nações!

I will surely visit it again soon!

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff, Nice Vibe

Cons: A little expensive, Only serves lunches :(

A romantic experience! - Edit

This is, by far, one of the best Veggie places to impress your sweetie!
The food is wonderful, the place is nice and well located and they'll serve you well.
Dunno about the desserts being Vegan but the plates are marked if they're Vegan or not.
Really cousy and romantic.

Pros: Romantic place and well located, Food is really really good, Vegan options are marked

Cons: Can be pricey if you abuse, Desserts may not be Vegan

Brilliant find! - Edit

In Lisbon for a few days and this was recommended to me by a friend. It's just round the corner from my hotel. Lots of vegan choice The fool is totally yummy! Well worth a visit!

Excelente - Edit

Considero o melhor restaurante vegetariano de Lisboa. Os pratos são excelentes e criativos, sempre com opções veganas bem identificadas. O cuidado e a simpatia dos proprietários e funcionários também é excelente. O espaço é pequeno, mas foi bem aproveitado. O preço é um pouco acima da média e infelizmente não servem jantares.

My favourite in Lisbon, mostly vegan - Edit

I live in Lisbon. This is my favourite vegetarian/vegan restaurant in Lisbon. Most dishes are acutally vegan.

For about 9 eur you can have a combination of 3 dishes from around the World and a dark green salad. For about 8 eur you can pick to of the dishes. You can visit the restaurants web site and see the menu for the whole week, so you can check what might interest you more.
My personal favourite is the portuguese "alho frances a bras". Chef Claudia Salu is simply brilliant.

Strongly recommend getting to know this place. Also a great place to visit for non-vegetarians/vegans, because they accept it well.

Pros: Amazing taste from around the world, Mostly vegan and organic

Cons: Small space, don't arrive late , Location is not the easiest for me

Nice food, friendly people - Edit

Very friendly people. The food was very good and most things are vegan. Daily menues and delicious (vegan) desserts

Return to Lisbon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Miss Saigon closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.