Miss Saigon

Contact +351-210996589

Rua Cais das Naus Lt. 4.01.01 - i (at Parque das Nações - Norte), Lisbon, Portugal, 1990-305

Restaurant, gallery, and shop, fully vegan since July 2016. Uses spices and fresh aromatic herbs to create its extensive menu of 700+ dishes from more than 70 countries. Beverages offered include smoothies and organic teas. Mon-Fri 12:00pm-4:00pm

Category: Vegan, International, Organic, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by KelseyD

Superb! - Edit

I often go to miss saigon. Food is always the best there!! If you are in lisbon this restaurante is a must go.

Pros: Recipes from all over the world (addapted to vegan, 1 different recipe every day

Cons: Closed for dinner

Ho Chi Minh City - Edit

I wonder how many people in this vast city are vegan. Miss Saigon went completely vegan in the summer of 2016. After 6 visits to Lisbon since 2010 we've always clashed with Miss Saigon's 2 week summer holidays in late August / early September. This amateur mistake will never be made again. Set in a beautiful modern building at the Parque das Nações by the river the location is quite stunning. Best way to get there from the city is probably Metro to Orient or Moscavide then walk. The menu changes daily. For €8.90 you can try all three dishes with salad. Today it was a seitan and mushroom stroganoff, sautéed tofu with lemongrass and Grechsnki soybean with buckwheat. They were all brilliant. The pumpkin soup to start destroyed any pumpkin soup I've ever had in the past. A glass of beautifully presented white wine and a bottle of sparkling water also accompanied the soups and main courses. For two people the bill came to a quite glorious €33. Try and do that in London in an exclusive vegetarian establishment. Let me know if you succeed!! By the way, we have an instant 5 Happy Cow rated establishing here. I love it when this happens.

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-12

Pros: food, setting , interior

Cons: little far out of town

Best veg restaurant anywhere - Edit

Sure it's out of the way, but I planned a whole day around arriving there for lunch.
Take the Metro to Oriente, take the sky lift to the Oceanario... There are 3 set choices each day, and I was lucky to be there when all 3 were vegan. you can order a Combo plate that gives you a little of each. They try to make a veg. version of famous international dishes. Success! Whatever it was, it was tasty and creative. Service was friendly and fast. They had some sugar-free cookies, so I got some to go. I wish I could go back and try more of their dishes.

Pros: Delicious and inventive, International menu, many vegan items

One of the best ever! - Edit

One of the best vegan meals I had in a while. They are not strict vegan, but just mention you're vegan and go for the mix 3 dishes. I would also go for the mix deserts. They have amazing vegan deserts and you should try them all!

Amazing Food - Edit

This is probably up there on my list of favourite veggie restaurants of all time. The food was incredible and I love their extensive menu, even if there are only three dishes a day. The menu alternates between having two vegan options, one vegetarian or all three vegan. Unfortunately, I came on a day when one of the dishes was vegetarian so I couldn't have all three, which is a popular thing to do here, but I did like the dish I ordered and the dessert was amazing too.

The only thing I'd suggest is make your whole menu vegan guys! Your vegan food was amazing and you really don't need to have non-vegan options to compete.

Edit: I'd also recommend checking the website to see what the menu is for the day you're thinking about going to check if all the options are vegan and if you'll like everything.

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff

Cons: far away from central lisbon

This is by far the best place to eat vegetarian/ vegan food in Lisbon! I'ts AMAZING!

I went there last year, on Valentine's day and it was a wonderful experience. The food is truly exquisite! I believe that what makes this place stand out is indeed the quality of the food, its presentation as well and the fact that they offer us typical meals from several countries, so the variety is superb!

We tried a combination of three plates, the ones that were suggested on that day. Because they all seemed so good, we tried all three and OMG, they were so good! So simple and yet elaborated....gourmet style!

It's a bit pricey for me, but totally worth it! I wish I could visit more often, but as I said, it is a little expensive. Still, I think tourists will find it normal/ moderate and totally worth the price. And we mustn’t forget that it is located in Parque das Nações, a more expensive area, so it's understandable! And after lunch ( it only serves lunches) there's a lot to visit in Parque das Nações!

I will surely visit it again soon!

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff, Nice Vibe

Cons: A little expensive, Only serves lunches :(

A romantic experience! - Edit

This is, by far, one of the best Veggie places to impress your sweetie!
The food is wonderful, the place is nice and well located and they'll serve you well.
Dunno about the desserts being Vegan but the plates are marked if they're Vegan or not.
Really cousy and romantic.

Pros: Romantic place and well located, Food is really really good, Vegan options are marked

Cons: Can be pricey if you abuse, Desserts may not be Vegan

Brilliant find! - Edit

In Lisbon for a few days and this was recommended to me by a friend. It's just round the corner from my hotel. Lots of vegan choice The fool is totally yummy! Well worth a visit!

Excelente - Edit

Considero o melhor restaurante vegetariano de Lisboa. Os pratos são excelentes e criativos, sempre com opções veganas bem identificadas. O cuidado e a simpatia dos proprietários e funcionários também é excelente. O espaço é pequeno, mas foi bem aproveitado. O preço é um pouco acima da média e infelizmente não servem jantares.

My favourite in Lisbon, mostly vegan - Edit

I live in Lisbon. This is my favourite vegetarian/vegan restaurant in Lisbon. Most dishes are acutally vegan.

For about 9 eur you can have a combination of 3 dishes from around the World and a dark green salad. For about 8 eur you can pick to of the dishes. You can visit the restaurants web site and see the menu for the whole week, so you can check what might interest you more.
My personal favourite is the portuguese "alho frances a bras". Chef Claudia Salu is simply brilliant.

Strongly recommend getting to know this place. Also a great place to visit for non-vegetarians/vegans, because they accept it well.

Pros: Amazing taste from around the world, Mostly vegan and organic

Cons: Small space, don't arrive late , Location is not the easiest for me

Lovely place to eat - Edit

The range of food on offer is limited (as they don't like waste) but the food is delicious and most of it vegan or with a vegan option. Opening hours are limited. Staff are friendly and informative and speak English. The seating was SLIGHTLY Spartan so you might not want to linger for very long.The place looks lovely. Inexpensive.

Pros: The quality and quantity of the food, Friendly staff, Attractively designed restaurant.

Cons: Opening hours limited

Above my expectations - Edit

I went to Miss Saigon today for the first time. I had been curious about it as the reviews on this page are very positive. However, when I have high expectations I sometimes end up disappointed because it ends up not being quite what I had expected. Definitely NOT the case here! I can only say that Miss Saigon was actually even better than I had expected. The food is simply divine, delicious and substantial (I had a plate of the three main dishes combined with salad, mango and apple juice and chocolate cake with strawberries), the staff is very friendly and willing to spend a few minutes with the customer to explain about the different ingredients and the space is very relaxing and nice to be in. The place is a bit small, though, but I still rate Miss Saigon with 5 cows. :)

Pros: Really delicious food, Friendly and helpful staff, Good environment

Cons: The space a bit too small

Lovely place, great food , great concept! - Edit

Really enjoyed the lunch there yesterday, the staff is very helpful and they have a nice choice of differnt kinds of foods ...its so nice to have a choice, being vegetarian!
Well done and keep up the good work...

Pros: Quality of Food, Lots organic, Concept of avoiding waste

Cons: Far from Cascais, Not open for dinner

best restaurant in Portugal - Edit

Miss Saigon is a delicious restaurant situated in Parque days Nacoes. Everyday you can find 3 different dishes from the world. They create different menus every week so you don't have to eat the same everyday.
The mix of spices and herbs are delicious. They try to use organic products and they have always one or two vegan dishes (out of 3!). The soups are the best I've ever tasted.
Dessert's, there are a lot and also delicious (vegan options :) )
They've nice kusmi teas and good juices.
People who work there are very nice and the space has a really nice environment.
The price is a little above the medium cheap restaurants (around 2/3€ for the soup, 8/9€ for the main dish, and 2-4€ for dessert), but you are well served and you get to taste the most delicious and best qualitiy food made by the awesome chef Claudia :)
It's really worth it. Every vegetarian/vegan or even non vegetarian should try it at leat once!
Forgot to say: they make mention in the menu which are the vegan options and which one have or not gluten :)
Also heard from a raw foodist friend of mine that they made a special salad for her :) so they really know how to treat clients :) they are very popular a people often get really satisfied with their food. Totally recommended!

Pros: great food, great place, nice people

Cons: price, but the quality is worth the cost

Excellent - Edit

I love the idea behind their menu; that they have three dishes from different countries every day of the week (without repeating those dishes for the rest of the month). All vegan options are very clearly indicated, and it seems that most of their desserts are usually vegan.

It's a nice calm space to eat in, and the food was brought to us pretty quickly. I've been there a number of times and every time the food was delicious, however it's a little expensive for the amount of food you get in comparison to other similar restaurants.

It would be perfect if it was open for dinner!

Pros: Nice environment, Good location, Great food

Cons: Expensive, Not open for dinner

Sempre supreendente - Edit

Sou uma cliente regular, juntamente com o meu namorado (que não é vegetariano) e devo dizer que sou uma vegetariana muito exigente com os sabores. Não gosto que o tofu fique com sabor amargo, gosto do seitan muito tenro e foi neste restaurante que comi o melhor prato de seitan que provei até hoje. Umas espetadas fenomenais onde o seitan estava tão tenro que se derretia na boca. Nunca me desapontei com nenhum prato. São sempre cheios de sabor e saudáveis. Visitem, não se irão arrepender!

Pros: Comida excelente e de boa qualidade, Serviço rápido , Simpatia do atendimento

Cons: Lugar para estacionar , Preço não é muito económico, Espaço pequeno

Perfecto - Edit

Gostei muito. A comida foi muita boa e o serviço foi o melhor já encontrei em Lisboa. Cheguei 25 minutos do fechamento (não sabia que eles fecham às 18h) mas a dona insistiu que eu podia ficar e jantar. Também me fez um chá especial porque eu estava constipada, e me deu os ingredientes para que possa fazer o chá mi mesma em casa! O tofu, arroz e salada foram bem preparados, e o bolo de chocolate foi incrível.

Loved this restaurant. It has the service in Lisbon as far as I'm concerned, and it's so not pretentious. The owner clearly loves preparing healthy lovely food and her energy and eagerness to share is evident. She told me she makes a different entree each day during the month - no repeats for 30 days!

Good vegan options - Edit

Each week day there is a choice of three dishes - two out of the three were vegan. Vegan options clearly marked. Staff very friendly and helpful. Vegan desserts also. Food felt wholesome and good portion sizes. Would definitely recommend.

Pros: Good choices for vegans, Menu changes daily, Friendly staff

Cons: *****

superdooperdelicious! - Edit

My BF and i loved it. The staff was very very friendly. The place was light and clear. And the food we had was amazing. Each of us had a different meal (my BF a palestinian rice-dish and i an indian dish) and both were so yummy, healthy and nice arranged. Afterwards we enjoyed the area, which was quit impressive! the little gardens

Pros: delicious food, friendly staff, area around

Great Food - Edit

This was the first place we at in Lisbon, as we arrived at Oriente Station.

We happened to be there during Vegan Week . . . so that made our choices simple! The food was excellent, and if you cannot choose we were offered a mixed plate of the main courses, and also the desserts . . . For me, and I have a hearty appetite, the portions were huge!

If you do visit the Parque das Naçaµes, make sure you take lunch here . . .

Pros: Great Food, Hearty Portions, Friendly

No complaints! - Edit

I think I liked everything about this place. They have enough to please a demanding vegan, and the concept of serving food from different places can't be beat. They seemed surprised that I didn't want to have a dessert, as I am familiar with apple crumble (the only vegan option available that day), so they just gave me a portion for free! And it was reasonably-sized, I can tell you. They certainly deserved my tip.

THE restaurant for vegans in Lisbon - Edit

This restaurant has it all - awesome food, great staff, nice dessert - and all vegan friendly! Good concept - food from all over the world in workshops - warm and welcoming place - staff makes you feel welcome and happy - very very recommendable!

Pros: healthy excellent food, good atmosphere, good value

Delicious, tasty food, and top-notch service! - Edit

I was in Lisbon for a conference for 3 days and was thrilled to discover that there was a vegetarian restaurant within walking distance from my hotel at the Oriente metro stop. To find the restaurant, just walk to street behind the Vasco da Gama mall and turn right with the mall behind you. Follow the road past the construction and when you see a little "park" on the right side of the road, cross over and follow it up to find the restaurant.

I arrived at 1850 (they close at 1930) on my first day, and was met with warm enthusiasm and reassured that it was no problem for me to take my time and eat dinner. The food was wholesome, healthy and absolutely delicious! And I had plenty of choices - both vegan and vegetarian. I adore the concept of picking new food from around the world every day, and my only complaint is that I live too far away to be able to enjoy the food every day.

On top of the wonderful, varied food, was the hospitality and friendliness of the staff. I'd be hard pressed to name any other restaurant that did so much to make me feel welcome.

If you're in Lisbon and you're a vegetarian, vegan or just veggie-curious, do yourself a big favor and head on over to Miss Saigon to enjoy a wonderful meal in a warm and friendly environment. No matter what you order, you won't go wrong here.

Pros: healthy, delicious, friendly staff

Best vegetarian restaurant in Lisbon! - Edit

I went there today and we had the mixed plate consisting of a turkish, an israeli and an arabic dish. Our meal was entirely vegan. Everything tasted perfect! The dishes, the desserts, the juices... I think this was the best meal I had in a very long time. This is by far the best vegetarian restaurant in Lisbon and I would recommend it especially to vegans, as almost all their dishes and desserts are vegan. It's not very easy to find so when you are in the EXPO, look out for the Torre Vasco da Gama - the restaurant is 20 meters away.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff

I'm not a vegetarian, but... - Edit

This place had amazing food. I think I would pretty much eat here every week if I lived in Lisbon. I especially liked their mixed plate where you get to try a small sampling of many of the dishes on on their menu including the dish of the day.

Pros: Varying Menu, Great Service, Amazing Food

Cons: A bit expensive, 3000 miles away

I loved this place! - Edit

I loved this place! It saved me from struggling to find vegan options while in Lisbon for work. The food was really good. The owners and servers were really friendly and helpful. The restaurant is located outside of the downtown area and tucked away a bit in the Oriente / Parque das Naçµes area. It's near a main train and subway line though and I think the food and staff are worth it. The menu is a little small, but always changing. We ate there 4 or 5 times and never had the same thing twice. They knew what Vegan meant so since we didn't speak much Portuguese they let me know what was vegan and let me have a mixed plate of the vegan options. It was so good, I left stuffed everytime. My omnivore co-works went with me on multiple occasions and also really liked the food. It's a vegetarian restaurant, but had vegan options such as soup, entrees, and dessert. There wasn't anything there that I didn't like.

Return to Lisbon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Miss Saigon closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 9085 times since Jun 2009.