Miss Rachel's Pantry

Contact 215-798-0053

1938 S Chadwick St, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, 19145

A fully vegan, walk-in brunch and lunch café which on Saturday night (and select Fridays) also offers a communal farmhouse table dinner. Dinner is by reservation only at 7pm, but day time hours do not require a reservation. Lots of Jewish and American comfort food options, and everything is certified Kosher. Began Jan 2012 previously at 1732 W Passyunk Ave. Tue-Fri 8:00am-6:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-3:00pm

Category: Vegan

First Review by supervegan

Everything is amazing!! - Edit

I've eaten breakfast here and gotten food to go, and both times it's been some of the most delicious vegan food I've eaten. The restaurant is definitely unassuming and has one, big family style table, so it's not necessarily a place I'd go for a standard sit-down meal. If you want delicious vegan food though, you really can't go wrong! The vegan grilled cheese steak on challah bread had to have been one of the best tasting sandwiches I've had in the past few years. You really can't go wrong here!

My Last Meal Would Come from Miss Rachel's! - Edit

After years of wanting to eat at Miss Rachel's, my cousin and I met there for lunch today. I ordered the grilled cheese and peach sandwich on homemade challah - and it was one of the best things I've ever eaten. Truly, it would be my request for a last meal. The mazoh ball soup was also yummy - and my cousin enjoyed the big salad. The staff was among the nicest I've ever encountered - with Miss Rachel being as kind and humble a chef as you'll ever meet. This is my new favorite lunch spot - even though I'll have to drive across the city to get there.

Pros: Incredible food!, Super-nice staff/vibe, Goodies available for sale

Best Vegan in Philadelphia! - Edit

I've had the pleasure of sitting at the farm table on many occasions, both for dinners and weekend brunch. We've also purchased meals from Miss Rachel. This lady can cook! From comfort food to fancy dishes it's all delish and kosher! Very conscious of allergies so don't worry if you are gluten free, she's got you covered. Also a fantastic caterer. She does it all!!

Make reservations for the farm table dinner. Brunch is a walk in. The place is cute just like Miss Rachel herself !

Pros: Local , Gluten free options, Vegan

Cons: Too far from my job to get lunch

Food with a soul - Edit

Not only did Miss Rachel caterer our wedding and have all of our carne guests swooning, her new location is simply amazing. Her staff is so sweet and helpful, she knows and meets all her guests, and her food, it merges comfort and tradition with soul, love, and no animals harmed. I took a job in the city just so I could stop here more! Her Mac and cheese and matzo ball soup are divine, her grilled cheese with buffalo tempeh left me smiling with each bite! This is an absolute must stop for philly eating, vegan or not!

Love the farm table and the food - Edit

This place is always a win. You have to make reservations for the small farm house dinner if seats are available, but it is definitely worth it. The farm house dinner was very filling and satisfying. Come hungry! Brunch is a win too with no reservations needed. Menu always changes. Love the variety. Rachel and everyone working there have always been welcoming.

Pros: Friendly, Welcoming, Great food

Best Vegan Everything!!! Don't miss Brunch! - Edit

I've been eating Miss Rachael's for several years, I've enjoyed the Lunch Meal Delivery, breakfast biscuit sandwiches at the old West Passyunk location, Catering, Saturday Night dinner and regularly there for brunch in the cafe on weekends, so far absolutely everything has been amazing over all the years. The Saturday night dinner I was lucky to attend was probably the best sit down dinner of my life, everything Vegan and everything amazing!!! I am absolutely in love with the grilled cheeses available on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and all of the wonderful hand pies and knishs.
Stop by on a Friday Saturday or Sunday for breakfast/lunch and then start booking them for all your special occasions and vegan catering needs and invite me so I can eat everything and make sure there are no leftovers!!

Pros: Vegan Kosher, super friendly, food is amazing!!

Vegan taco night! ohhhh yeah! - Edit

You cant beat that! Hopefully they have more of these coming up soon. It was great! The place is cozy but lots of windows and not in a bad part of the city. Parking is possible unlike most places in philly!

Pros: Quality, Atmosphere, Price

Cons: none

big fan of the "meals at home!" - Edit

My husband and I are regulars! Menu changes every week. You can order main dishes (small and large casserole sizes), a salad option (which I haven't tried yet, but from reading the descriptions, they sound like they're packed with yummy ingredients like seasonal veggies and fruits), a special soup, and sweets too. Everything is very flavorful and hearty - and totally vegan!! My favorites have been the fettuccine, the BBQ seitan, and the chickpea curry quinoa dish.

Wonderful dining experience - Edit

My wife & I and a friend of ours went for the Saturday night farm table dinner and it was fantastic! Vegan food which rivals Vedge served in a wonderful setting. Great service by a friendly staff. You also meet some very nice people with whom you share the table.

Pros: Great vegan fare, Amazingly good service

Cons: None Everything was fantastic!

Saturday Evening Dinner - Edit

In early January,we enjoyed a great 4 course dinner at a table with 11 other interesting people. There were 2 choices for each course so we tried 1 of each.Nice presentations.One dish had fabulous "Bacon" (made with coconut). Dinner was a leisurely 2 hours with BYOB welcome.

Pros: interesting food, great servers

Cons: not inexpensive(but worth the $$)

darling - Edit

what a great experience... from the food, to the people, to the atmosphere. i sampled a few sweet items, all delightful, and the breakfast sandwich (a homemade biscuit filled with tofu scramble and coconut bacon) was maybe the best i've ever had. so good!

Pros: tasty food, friendly folks, good prices

New fave lunch spot - Edit

Great place for lunch! The menu is short and sweet, including a couple sandwiches and salads, as well as a daily special. I'm currently addicted to "The Crabbie," a gourmet vegan crabcake on a roll. I can't wait to try everything else they have to offer. And they make milkshakes! MILKSHAKES!

Pros: all vegan, friendly staff, home cookin'

Return to Philadelphia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Miss Rachel's Pantry closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6331 times since Jun 2012.