Mishio

Bärenplatz 2, Bern, Switzerland, 3011

Serves meat, vegan options available. First-floor restaurant in the middle of the town near Käfigturm, overlooking Bundesplatz. Casual dining with open-view kitchen, chefs are Asian. Has several vegetable-based dishes like Szechuan seitan, udon miso soup, and chop suey. Portions are on the small side, so you might order a couple different ones. Has other outlets. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Chinese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by Tashi

Great staff, location and food - Edit

Restaurant is in such a lovely central spot, the staff were so helpful and allowed our dog inside. There were so many vegan options I stuggled to choose, I had a vegan seitan dish which they made spicy (very spicy) for me. Definitely more of a Thai than Chinese but me and my meat eating family really loved it.

Tasty asian food and friendly attenders - Edit

Centrally located, Mishio offers a selection of asian cuisine, with veg options clearly marked on the menu. I had a great tempura and very tasty udon noodles. The portions were abundant. The price was decent, given the location. A visit is recommended if you pass nearby.

Separate vegan menu, but hasn't changed so far - Edit

Misio offers asian kitchen, not authentic chinese cuisine, but their dishes are based on thai, vietnamese and chinese cuisine without being hot and spicy (can be ordered on request or just add some chilli sauce from your table, if you like hot food).

You don't have to ask specifically for the vegan menu - the waiter or waitress always bring both menus, the normal and the vegan one.

The vegan manu hasn't changed so far, so if you go there on a regular basis you'll get bored by their choices sooner or later. If you're in Bern just for a visit you'll be fine, there are ample choices (seven to be precise).

The food is tasty and is served very quickly, a bit too quickly for my taste, so I'm not sure if everything is freshly prepared.

On the dessert menu you'll find clearly marked vegan options, which are very tasty. The deep-fried bananas with caramel sauce are delicious, although not the healthiest of choices.

If the restaurant isn't too crowded, it's quite cozy and relaxing.

Pros: seperate vegan menu, vegan desserts clearly stated

Cons: can be quite crowded

Decent - Edit

Being a regular & after discussing about veganism & vegan dishes with one of the employees several times, it seems that the management finally decided to fulfill my needs & those of my fellow vegans a year ago =) This, of course, wasn't a challenging task, since a lot of asian food can be easily 'veganized' or are vegan anyways. Still, it's always nice to see patrons recognize the signs of the time. I used to come here a lot, cause the food is fine & the staff is friendly. If the place is busy, it can get a little uncomfy though. Furthermore, the servings could be bigger, so I'd suggest to order a starter as well. If you're strolling between main station & Zytglogge tower, I'd recommend to give Mishio a try.

Pros: Centrally located, quick, friendly

Cons: No 'privacy', rather small servings

Return to Bern Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mishio closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.