Mi's Italian Bistro

Contact 808-323-3880

81-6372 Mamalahoa Hwy Ste 103 (at /on Big Island), Kealakekua, Hawaii, USA, 96750

Serves meat, vegan options available. Italian food bistro. The owner's wife is vegetarian, and most soup and sauce bases are made without meat or fish thus allowing for easy substitutions. Meat that is served is mostly grass fed local product. Owner will offers suggestions and make something for you when you let him know that you are vegetarian. Very few choices otherwise for vegetarian food in the area.

Category: Lacto, Italian, Non-veg

First Review by Sterlingstarseed

expensive to order vegan - Edit

Mi's has really excellent vegetarian food, but no vegan items on the menu. I asked the server what to get as a vegan and she recommended a salad (which every vegetarian/vegan is tired of hearing) or the cioppino, subbing rice for the fresh catch, clams and shrimp. I asked the waiter if the dish would still be the $34 and she said no. The food was really tasty, but when the check came they charged me $34. The owner came out and explained that because they had to make me my own rice separately, they had to charge full price. In the end I had to spend $34 on essentially vegetables and rice.

Pros: delicious fresh food

Cons: the pricing

not vegan friendly - Edit

The place is a little pricy, not as much as a family friendly place and more of a quiet date location. All of their marinara sauce is baked with cheese... Most things pre made with cheese. I'm sure the food is good but I didn't make it as far as eating:) just a heads up for my vegan friends.

Pros: quiet, swanky, plush

Cons: not vegan friendly

Return to Kealakekua Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mi's Italian Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.