First Review by skinnydog

Fantastic place in the centre of town - Edit

This is one of my favourite places to eat in Leicester. There is A LOT of choice (based around Indian, Italian and Mexican cuisines) and it offers excellent value for money. The portion sizes are very large and although the food and presentation isn't the finest you'll ever see, it's fresh and tasty nonetheless. I've been coming here for years and have sampled most of the menu... I'd particularly recommend the fusion foods (the paneer pizza is great when you can't make your mind up!) and the sandwiches and jackets are perfect for a quick lunch. Their homemade smoothies are also delicious. I was told by the waiter that almost all dishes can be tailored to your preferences, too, as they're made to order. All in all, a fantastic place that I'd be sad to see go.

Pros: Great variety, Friendly staff, Large portions

Lots of choice - Edit

Vegetarian restaurant in the centre of Leicester with a huge choice of mainly Mexican, Italian & Indian cuisine. We all had different dishes with no complaints. Quick service and good prices.

Pros: Choice

Nothing special - Edit

Been to Mirch twice in the past year. First time last summer I wasn't too impressed: The pasta dish I ordered was horribly spicy to the point of being inedible, although my friends - including a meat eater - did like their meals.

I gave Mirch another chance a couple of months back. The meal my partner ordered (I think the tacos) was labelled as vegan on the menu, but it ended up coming with non-vegan cheese, so he had to wait while they got him another one. The soya burger I had was nice but nothing special, though it was reasonably priced.

The staff are reasonably friendly, though I found I had to remind them a few times to make sure the bread roll the soya burger would be in didn't have sesame seeds (as I'm allergic).

Fairly reasonable selection for vegans, and not too expensive.

I would consider returning to Mirch, but will be trying other vegan-friendly places in Leicester first.

Pros: Not too expensive, Reasonable selection for vegans

Cons: Confusion over what dishes are vegan, Having to keep reminding about allergies

Great - Edit

We go to this place a lot when we want a quick bite before going out or for lunch, they serve a really varied menu (i always have Indian dishes, and my partner has Mexican dishes) good food and quick service.

Pros: good quality, big variety , nice staff

Cons: a bit functional

Lots of choice - Edit

Mirch Masala has a wide range of vegan options, really good find and the sort of place you can take omnivore friends and family. Wide range of soft drinks.
Good for veggies and vegans who don't mind eating a little less healthily on occasion (though there are healthy options). The staff seem happy to help, even during busy lunch times and made me a cheeseless pizza to share.

Noticed they have a special childrens' menu.

Sandwiches, drinks and snacks to take away.

Only minus points would be the soup, which tasted like it was from a can and a lack of dairy free desserts (although I have been told soya icecream was sometimes available).

Pros: Friendly atmosphere, Fresh juices, Good choice

Cons: Not always great value, gorgeous looking indian desserts aren't

It'll do for vegans - Edit

It's ok. It's the only pure veggie place vegans can eat in (that's not totally Indian). They had a bit of confusion about what a vegan could and couldn't eat at first but I think they got the idea now. However you may want to stress things like "no cheese". Best bit is: I've seen that they support the veggie fair in town by donating food to raise funds for charities. Good one Mirch!

Return to Leicester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mirch Masala closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1707 times since Aug 2007.