Mirch - temporarily closed

406-219-2310

609 W Mendenhall St, Bozeman, Montana, USA, 59715

Serves meat, vegan options available. A family-run, Indian cuisine restaurant in a house-like setting, established 2014. Offers buffet at lunch and dinner with each day's main entrees changing daily. Ask and staff will point out the vegan dishes in the buffet. Previously 100% veg, but added chicken to menu, Aug 2015. Closed for maternity leave from Oct 2017 - please let HappyCow know if/when it reopens. Open Tue-Sat 5:30pm-9:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by zootownveg

Excellent vegan options! - Edit

I've eaten here twice now - once for lunch and once for dinner. Both times the food was really excellent and there were plenty of vegan options. Both times, someone on the staff showed me exactly which options were vegan. It was really nice to have a selection of different tastes, flavors and dishes to try at one meal. Normally their flatbread is pan fried in ghee, but as soon as I said I was vegan they brought out a basket minus the butter and it was obviously homemade and delicious. They mentioned they don't have vegan drinks but would make chai without dairy if I wanted. Also, they apologized for not having any vegan desserts but quite frankly, the buffet was filling enough I didn't even want dessert. Someone in a previous review mentioned there being meat in some of the items on the buffet, but I didn't see that on either visit. I absolutely recommend this restaurant. I plan to eat here on a more regular basis myself.

Pros: Excellent food, Excellent options, Nice staff

Great Vegan / Vegetarian Options (No meat at this visit) - Edit

A very cute family restaurant, done in buffet style.

They had a plenty of well labeled vegan options (no issues not labling dairy on this trip), and these were all delicious. The vegetarian items apparently we're also very good according to my dining companions.

At this visit no meat was being served, but it seams they rotate dishes served often, so I am not sure if they are back to vegetarian/vegan only or not.

Lots of vegan options and buffet style means not even the hungriest of vegans will leave unsatisfied!

Excellent food, but beware! - Edit

We had an excellent dining experience at Mirch Masala, but vegans should be aware of two important points before diving into the buffet:

1. They now serve meat, in spite of the vegetarian sign out front. "Is that fake chicken?" I asked the cook. "No, real chicken," she responded. "People come in and ask for chicken, chicken, chicken." I guess they gave in.

2. The allergen list is incomplete. A paneer dish did not list dairy as an allergen, and fooled a non-Indian-savvy vegan friend. The dessert was made with cow milk, but only listed nuts among its allergens.

The food ended up being excellent, but don't get too excited when you walk in and see what initially appears to be an almost-fully vegan buffet.

Pros: Excellent taste, All you can eat, Kind and helpful staff

Cons: Claims vegetarian but serves meat, Allergen lists are incorrect

Delicious - Edit

Amazing vegetarian buffet with clearly labeled vegan options. Cute, pleasant restaurant with sunny rooms. They have what they're serving for the day listed on their website. It was under $10 per person for lunch when I was there. I highly recommend stopping by.

Return to Bozeman Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Mirch - temporarily closed closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.